The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Last weekend work:
switchbacks (yes, they works!!), led parking lights, led fog lights, US front lower grille

Some threads will follow :D

Edit: US OEM LED fog lights thread
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was there any particular reason that we didn't get the lower grill?

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
initially because we were supposed to have the block heater. This apparently required the other grill..

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
initially because we were supposed to have the block heater. This apparently required the other grill..
But eventually we didn't get the block heater right? Wtb the bigger/better inter cooler, did we eventually get these?

Btw: Most likely off topic, but since it's the daily chat... Any Pony's heading to see AC/DC in Werchter today? I don't feel very confident to park overthere...

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, no block heater. Could maybe have been interesting for Finland...

Bigger IC? No way, I swapped it already for a Mishimoto.:headbang:

And sorry no AC/DC fan...would indeed not park the pony overthere...:paddle:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Nope, no block heater. Could maybe have been interesting for Finland...

Bigger IC? No way, I swapped it already for a Mishimoto.:headbang:

And sorry no AC/DC fan...would indeed not park the pony overthere...:paddle:
I have no other choice it's my daily driver...

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Dialed in my coilovers a bit more today, rear 10mm lower, front 15mm. Looks sharper and still exactly the same driving comfort as before.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Looks sharper and still exactly the same driving comfort as before.
Might be on the forum already somewhere (in that case, sorry), but I've been wondering: it's obvious the handling is better with the coilovers but what do you think about the comfort compared to stock?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It's hard to describe because everyone's definition of comfort is different. Personally I think it's fine. Obviously a bit stiffer than stock, but not really all that much because the stock ride is pretty stiff as well. The major difference compared to stock is the reduction in dive and squat when braking and accelerating and the body roll in corners.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Nice thanks! I actually thought the stock ride was quite soft for a sportscar. So you've a good point in saying comfort is personal. I just haven't been in to many sportscars actually, so I can't really compare. Only other coupe I've driven is a GT86, which was a backbreaker compared to our mustang IMO.

It does have body role, doesn't it. I actually have to take the corners of highway exits where I live slower with the mustang than with my old diesel Focus :lol:

Other question: there just no way I can drive to my house without taking at least 2 seriously high speed bumps. Stock it's a dream! Any problems with that after lowering it now?

Car looks fantastic btw!! Triple Yellow FTW :cheers:

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Other question: there just no way I can drive to my house without taking at least 2 seriously high speed bumps. Stock it's a dream! Any problems with that after lowering it now?
No problem. I've driven lowered cars since 1987 and never had problems with bumps. You just have to adjust your speed and sometimes take it sideways.

Car looks fantastic btw!! Triple Yellow FTW :cheers:
Thanks! :cheers:

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
For me, I had the same doubt, I also do live in a neighborhood FULL of speed bumps. And personally NEVER drove a lowered car in my life, so had the same doubt as you.
I can now say, just go for it. I think I can take the speed bumps even faster with my lowered Mustang as with my stock Ford Mondeo.
It just doesn't dive and bounce like a stock car, so you tend not to touch the ground as fast. I was really pleased with the result, in 2 months never once touched the ground, and just driving normally over the bumps.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
For me, I had the same doubt, I also do live in a neighborhood FULL of speed bumps. And personally NEVER drove a lowered car in my life, so had the same doubt as you.
I can now say, just go for it. I think I can take the speed bumps even faster with my lowered Mustang as with my stock Ford Mondeo.
It just doesn't dive and bounce like a stock car, so you tend not to touch the ground as fast. I was really pleased with the result, in 2 months never once touched the ground, and just driving normally over the bumps.
How much are you lowered and what about steep parking garages (in malls or city parkings)?
Sponsored