Sponsored

cut outs

nala1908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP
im thinking of removing the resonator and adding and electric cutout before the factory mufflers. where would be the best spot for this and what cut outs would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

relykz

Mechanic / PC Technician
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost PP
Personally, I'd put it after the downpipe, before the Y... that way you would only need a single 3" electric cutout.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Personally, I'd put it after the downpipe, before the Y... that way you would only need a single 3" electric cutout.
I Agree.

nala, you should hit up ThatsMrGimp2U he has it setup right after his DP. And there's a thread with video if you search his name.

OP
OP

nala1908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP
alright i checked it out thanks guys. one thing i didnt see is how the cutout is connected to the dp. im not sure if its a y pipe or some other way

relykz

Mechanic / PC Technician
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost PP
alright i checked it out thanks guys. one thing i didnt see is how the cutout is connected to the dp. im not sure if its a y pipe or some other way
QuickTime Electric Cutouts offer a y-pipe kit when ordering... check Jegs or Summit Racing. Had a set of these on a previous Mustang GT we owned, worked flawlessly and were a lot of fun. I think we may run a single cutout after we get a MAPerformance catless downpipe ordered and installed.

It is nice to be able to go from mild to wild with the sound without having to deal with the cons of a loud aftermarket exhaust system. Plus a lot of the systems are just too damn expensive if you ask me. Not saying they aren't worth it, a few are... but it is still a lot of coin when there are other mods that are more beneficial before an exhaust (mainly a quality FMIC).

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
QuickTime Electric Cutouts offer a y-pipe kit when ordering... check Jegs or Summit Racing. Had a set of these on a previous Mustang GT we owned, worked flawlessly and were a lot of fun. I think we may run a single cutout after we get a MAPerformance catless downpipe ordered and installed.

It is nice to be able to go from mild to wild with the sound without having to deal with the cons of a loud aftermarket exhaust system. Plus a lot of the systems are just too damn expensive if you ask me. Not saying they aren't worth it, a few are... but it is still a lot of coin when there are other mods that are more beneficial before an exhaust (mainly a quality FMIC).
I'm in the same boat at the moment
A good 3" downpipe w/ cut out makes sense
I usually don't care how much any mod is but the cat back exhausts for the EB don't sound very good and are over-priced IMO