Sponsored

Custom Pack

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Hi
I ordered a silver gt in early june, i didnt order the custom pack as i preferred the black gt wheels. but i ordered the shaker, reverse parking and climate seats seperate, i was told by the sales guy, and by reading the ford config online, i would only be missing out on the silver wheels and chrome surround on the windows.
i now find out that i will also have the basic interior, where by the custom pack gets the leather on doors stitching on dash etc.
i find this unacceptable as was never told about this interior upgrade by ford or on fords uk website. anyone heard any info about this?
thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Reading other threads, you're not missing out on much.
yeah agree but this option should of been explained by salesman and on ford uk website, i would of went for custom pack and just got the wheels painted black.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Hi
I ordered a silver gt in early june, i didnt order the custom pack as i preferred the black gt wheels. but i ordered the shaker, reverse parking and climate seats seperate, i was told by the sales guy, and by reading the ford config online, i would only be missing out on the silver wheels and chrome surround on the windows.
i now find out that i will also have the basic interior, where by the custom pack gets the leather on doors stitching on dash etc.
i find this unacceptable as was never told about this interior upgrade by ford or on fords uk website. anyone heard any info about this?
thanks
Where did you get confirmation of a different interior? As we haven't had any deliveries yet and still no detailed specs published, how do you know if it is different? Neither the price list or the current brochure say anything on this.

As it happens I have ordered the custom pack...

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi
thanks
I thought that was only a rumor, where did you see this?

Sponsored

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I thought that was only a rumor, where did you see this?

was speaking to a polish guy about it earlier, he didnt get the custom pack and his interior is different to a friends who did, apparently the same thing happened in germany, after reading alot of forum posts. its possible its just for the eu lhd cars but we will see, will contact ford tomorrow and see what they say

you can search online and see the differences the doors inside are made from a softer material, and the stiching is different. not a massive difference but we should of been told about this if its true..

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
was speaking to a polish guy about it earlier, he didnt get the custom pack and his interior is different to a friends who did, apparently the same thing happened in germany, after reading alot of forum posts. its possible its just for the eu lhd cars but we will see, will contact ford tomorrow and see what they say

you can search online and see the differences the doors inside are made from a softer material, and the stiching is different. not a massive difference but we should of been told about this if its true..
I believe that it was mentioned in the europe brochure about the different interior but not in the UK brochure. So I assume the different interior is just for the european stangs and not for the UK ones. Otherwise we sue for false marketing :D

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
I believe that it was mentioned in the europe brochure about the different interior but not in the UK brochure. So I assume the different interior is just for the european stangs and not for the UK ones. Otherwise we sue for false marketing :D
it wasn't mentioned in the polish one at first, it is now, i hope your right though..

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
I'm not custom pack either, it was as hard as the colour weighing up whether to get it or not. On the one hand I wanted all available options, on the other I really wanted the black wheels and really didn't want the chrome trim so made a call. From what I've seen on the Euro threads its really minor differences at worst like stitching etc. Couldn't agree more that it should have been spelled out exactly but like you my sales guy stated there was nothing special about custom pack other than having all the options and the chrome with silver wheels.
I'm going to love that stang however it comes, it's going to be a bad ass beast lol.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hi
thanks
That's ridiculous. I am going to do the same, as i didn't like the silver wheels. You should be able choose your wheel without it affecting anything else, there's only a choice of two! That's why im waiting for the dust to settle before ordering so i know exactly what im getting!!

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'm not custom pack either, it was as hard as the colour weighing up whether to get it or not. On the one hand I wanted all available options, on the other I really wanted the black wheels and really didn't want the chrome trim so made a call. From what I've seen on the Euro threads its really minor differences at worst like stitching etc. Couldn't agree more that it should have been spelled out exactly but like you my sales guy stated there was nothing special about custom pack other than having all the options and the chrome with silver wheels.
I'm going to love that stang however it comes, it's going to be a bad ass beast lol.
What he said...

Could really live without contrast stitching...please let there be no contrast stitching in non-custom cars :confused:

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
I asked Deysha to confirm UK custom pack specs and interior the other day. Will post if I get clarification.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
What he said...

Could really live without contrast stitching...please let there be no contrast stitching in non-custom cars :confused:
The 'Goodwood pictures' seem to show the 'faux stitch' dash rather than contrast. This is a non-custom. Prefer that as I imagine it's easier to keep clean.

Bizarre how even now cars have actually been made, we still don't know something like this. My money is on a one-dash-for-all RHDs but I suppose we'll see.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think they're making the RHDs up as they go along with whatever is left over, so we'll probably all get something different. At least we'll all have a unique motor.
Sponsored