Sponsored

Custom headlight, tail light work

Who is keen on getting the Tri Bar DRL mod done to their headlights?

• Total voters

freddoflog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's white
Is anyone going to offer the simple solution, tribar DRLs (only white) that come on when the car is started? I don't need colour changing or sequential indicators but would just like the tribar illuminated as we all thought it would be.

I understand that this "simple" solution is probably anything but.
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Is anyone going to offer the simple solution, tribar DRLs (only white) that come on when the car is started? I don't need colour changing or sequential indicators but would just like the tribar illuminated as we all thought it would be.

Loudz will do that for a $100 lower price, so $900. I think the boards come with all the colours, so they just don't connect them.

I have a feeling Diode Dynamics were working on a board for the EU market, with brighter, just white DRL lights, I'd wait for that if that's all you want

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can just see there is a little bit of blue set in the light colour. I did try red one night and looks great evil almost. One good thing with the DD is the remote to turn them off at any time.
Hi Banditvox
I have saw Hyundai cars with DTRL that have a Purple hue to them and they don't get pulled over :thumbsup:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!

The work to fit them is the same for simple or fancy ones which is the bulk of the cost if you pay someone to do it. I want exactly the same thing and ended up buying a set of OEM LEDs from a guy in the US who had upgraded his to the DD colour changing ones. DD keep saying that the new dual brightness ones are coming, but I had given up. The other thought I had was that being OEM parts I guessed that they should also be more reliable.
Only trouble is that the Led boards arrived but no drivers:frusty: Now he is trying to get them from the guy who did the install for him but no luck yet.

Who knows they may have even left them in the lights when they did the upgrade, so now I have some nice factory leds to fit up, but no drivers to power them.

Maybe Loudz will have more luck getting these new ones out of DD if they see a demand for them from an installer.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The work to fit them is the same for simple or fancy ones which is the bulk of the cost if you pay someone to do it. I want exactly the same thing and ended up buying a set of OEM LEDs from a guy in the US who had upgraded his to the DD colour changing ones. DD keep saying that the new dual brightness ones are coming, but I had given up. The other thought I had was that being OEM parts I guessed that they should also be more reliable.
Only trouble is that the Led boards arrived but no drivers:frusty: Now he is trying to get them from the guy who did the install for him but no luck yet.

Who knows they may have even left them in the lights when they did the upgrade, so now I have some nice factory leds to fit up, but no drivers to power them.

Maybe Loudz will have more luck getting these new ones out of DD if they see a demand for them from an installer.
To the best of my knowledge, it won't work even if you get the drivers. The wiring itself is also different.
I would love to be proven wrong though.

Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
To the best of my knowledge, it won't work even if you get the drivers. The wiring itself is also different.
I would love to be proven wrong though.
Yeah I know it is not a direct plug and play, and I will need to do a little wiring but that part is not a drama. If push comes to shove I guess I can get some drivers made up to run them, but the idea was to have a proven setup ie the OEM setup, to hopefully have something reliable that was not going to give dramas later on.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I know it is not a direct plug and play, and I will need to do a little wiring but that part is not a drama. If push comes to shove I guess I can get some drivers made up to run them, but the idea was to have a proven setup ie the OEM setup, to hopefully have something reliable that was not going to give dramas later on.
I really hope you can get it sorted. The DD units don't inspire much confidence when you read other threads. Damned if I'm doing them more than once!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
2016 australia mustang sequential turn signals
I really want this but yeh I'm not prepared to take the risk. Already taking a risk by tinting my rears red.

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I've been driving with my sequential tails for 2 months, no issues. The ones in that video move too rapidly and look kinda cheap imho.
Sponsored