Sponsored

Custom exhaust system ecoboost

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Any reason why I shouldn't have the local muffler guy build me a cat back exhaust instead of going prefabricated system? He's talking $800 vs $1400 for a prefabricated system.
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
OP
OP

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got quoted $400 from the local muffler guy. He couldn't get a magnaflow so I went with flowmaster. It should sound slightly different than yours. I also got the same 4" tips. I won't have time to drop off the car till next week though. He already ordered the parts today.
I'll take a cat back non resonated exhaust for $400 lol!

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
you will be happy, you should see if he can do it for 360.00

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
If I do custom it will not be changing few parts on the preexisting pipes I will have to change the whole cat back to 3 inch pipes other wise performance gains will not be much and it will only be for sound. I need my power to go with the sound :)

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
If I do custom it will not be changing few parts on the preexisting pipes I will have to change the whole cat back to 3 inch pipes other wise performance gains will not be much and it will only be for sound. I need my power to go with the sound :)
You will likely see no benefit with full three inch pipes on the Ecoboost if you stick with dual exhaust. There is a reason all the aftermarket systems continue to use 2 1/4 dual pipes when they split.

Sponsored

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I actually like the single set up of ultimate racing. And the most important part like you said is mid pipe as well as a nice smooth y pipe if going with dual set up

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Honestly I actually like the single set up of ultimate racing. And the most important part like you said is mid pipe as well as a nice smooth y pipe if going with dual set up
The UR setup is nice, makes sense from a weight saving and performance standpoint. I wonder at what power level something bigger than a single 3" setup would be needed? I already bought a 4 cylinder Mustang, I won't feel bad about not having dual exhaust on it.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea i dont mind a single set up. Only thing that I wish they had was a cap for the 2nd exhaust spot rather than a dummy tip. I think for larger than 3 inch we probably will be talking about a fully built engine with larger turbo

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Yea i dont mind a single set up. Only thing that I wish they had was a cap for the 2nd exhaust spot rather than a dummy tip. I think for larger than 3 inch we probably will be talking about a fully built engine with larger turbo
A body-shop friend will get a visit. I'm going with the single UR setup as well.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The fake tip doesn't bother me from the pictures I've seen of it.
Sponsored