ZachR

That Auto Design Student
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 14 V6, 08 Sky, 93 TT
Beautiful cars Rob00GT and ShadowHorse! Glad to see that some of the batch are making their way home. :) Any plans for either of your cars or do you guys plan on keeping your's stock?

ZachR
I was wondering if you heard anything new about the status of your vehicle?
Nothing too new, at least not update wise. My car is supposedly still sitting in Flat Rock. Have you heard anything new about your car?

I let my dealership know just how anxious and frustrated I am to have waited this long and missed out on rebates plus have X-Plan increase. I told them I would be especially upset if I manage to sell my Sky before the new car arrives as that would leave our other Mustang pulling double duty for my fiancée and I.

I received an email from the Inventory Manager this morning with this information:
2015 Mustang - Full History
In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Nov 03 2014
In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week of December 08 2014) - Nov 06 2014
In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Dec 08 2014) - Nov 21 2014
In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week of December 08 2014) - Nov 24 2014
In Order Processing - Scheduled to Day (Dec 11 2014) - Nov 29 2014
In Production - Sent to Plant - Dec 04 2014
In Production - Body Shop - Dec 11 2014
In Production - Produced - Dec 12 2014
Awaiting Shipment - Released - Dec 12 2014
In Transit - Awaiting Assignment - Dec 14 2014 <EXPIRED>
In Transit - Awaiting Assignment - Jan 06 2014 <End Date: Jan 19 2014>
I was told to expect my car to be placed on a rail car the week of the 19th and be on its way by no later than the 23rd. From their it should arrive at the staging lot approximately between February 1st-3rd. Next would be an "average 3 day wait to be put on a truck bed" (February 4th-6th) and expected arrival at the dealership sometime between February 12th - 15th.

When I first ordered in May I was told it would be about a 6-7 month wait, which was fine. Then November rolled around and I had yet to be assigned a VIN or anything so I asked to be re-ordered as dealer stock rather than private retail order. When I went to re-order I let them know that the larger dealership less than a mile from me (my current dealership of choice is a 37-mile one way drive) had offered to have my exact car in no more than 6 weeks for $200 less than X-Plan plus any applicable rebates and incentives. Obviously they couldn't match the deal but promised me a 6-8 week, basically before the New Year at the least.

Now it's starting to look like that "6-8 week" wait is going to be a 14-15 week wait and I'm understandably annoyed. Everyday I watch that large dealer get a truckload of Mustangs (really 4-6 Mustangs every morning!) in as I pass by on my way to work and I am still waiting. I'm beginning to regret sticking with my dealer of choice rather than sucking up dealing with the jerks at the larger place. Especially given that February will be going on 9 months from when I originally ordered and so many others have received their cars that ordered after me, even more so by February.

Sorry if it always seems like I am complaining here in this thread but this is really the only place for me to vent about how frustrating this is. It only took 5 weeks to get our 2014 and this has been an entirely different process for my 2015.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Koncealed

Koncealed

Koncealed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Beautiful cars Rob00GT and ShadowHorse! Glad to see that some of the batch are making their way home. :) Any plans for either of your cars or do you guys plan on keeping your's stock?

Nothing too new, at least not update wise. My car is supposedly still sitting in Flat Rock. Have you heard anything new about your car?

I let my dealership know just how anxious and frustrated I am to have waited this long and missed out on rebates plus have X-Plan increase. I told them I would be especially upset if I manage to sell my Sky before the new car arrives as that would leave our other Mustang pulling double duty for my fiancée and I.

I received an email from the Inventory Manager this morning with this information:

I was told to expect my car to be placed on a rail car the week of the 19th and be on its way by no later than the 23rd. From their it should arrive at the staging lot approximately between February 1st-3rd. Next would be an "average 3 day wait to be put on a truck bed" (February 4th-6th) and expected arrival at the dealership sometime between February 12th - 15th.

When I first ordered in May I was told it would be about a 6-7 month wait, which was fine. Then November rolled around and I had yet to be assigned a VIN or anything so I asked to be re-ordered as dealer stock rather than private retail order. When I went to re-order I let them know that the larger dealership less than a mile from me (my current dealership of choice is a 37-mile one way drive) had offered to have my exact car in no more than 6 weeks for $200 less than X-Plan plus any applicable rebates and incentives. Obviously they couldn't match the deal but promised me a 6-8 week, basically before the New Year at the least.

Now it's starting to look like that "6-8 week" wait is going to be a 14-15 week wait and I'm understandably annoyed. Everyday I watch that large dealer get a truckload of Mustangs (really 4-6 Mustangs every morning!) in as I pass by on my way to work and I am still waiting. I'm beginning to regret sticking with my dealer of choice rather than sucking up dealing with the jerks at the larger place. Especially given that February will be going on 9 months from when I originally ordered and so many others have received their cars that ordered after me, even more so by February.

Sorry if it always seems like I am complaining here in this thread but this is really the only place for me to vent about how frustrating this is. It only took 5 weeks to get our 2014 and this has been an entirely different process for my 2015.
That dealership would be up in flames if I were in your situation.. Sorry man. Your problem was ordering as dealer stock, that's no good! :doh:

ZachR

That Auto Design Student
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 14 V6, 08 Sky, 93 TT
That dealership would be up in flames if I were in your situation.. Sorry man. Your problem was ordering as dealer stock, that's no good! :doh:
So far it has moved faster than when I first ordered as retail or whatever the customer specific one is. My dealer recommended it would be faster this way, and so far that seems about right. It is just frustrating because my car is buil and sittingt, it's just waiting to be shipped.

If I could I would fill out the paperwork here, pay to fly out there and pick up my car. I wouldn't mind driving it back at all across country so long as I had it. Hell, I'd even pay out of pocket to have it personally shipped by truck to my dealer if it meant I won't have to wait until February.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So far it has moved faster than when I first ordered as retail or whatever the customer specific one is. My dealer recommended it would be faster this way, and so far that seems about right. It is just frustrating because my car is buil and sittingt, it's just waiting to be shipped.

If I could I would fill out the paperwork here, pay to fly out there and pick up my car. I wouldn't mind driving it back at all across country so long as I had it. Hell, I'd even pay out of pocket to have it personally shipped by truck to my dealer if it meant I won't have to wait until February.
At this point I don't know why its taking so long. It is frustrating knowing that our cars have been completed and in transit since the middle of December and they are still sitting at the flat rock factory. Probably covered in 10 feet of snow by now. I agree with you I would pay to have it trucked out to California at this point. I never thought the transportation part of the ordering process would be the hold up. What else I find frustrating is the fact that my dealer has already received special order vehicles which were ordered weeks after my car.

My order was put in as a priority 10 retail special order, seems like that hasn't made a difference compared to your order being made as dealer stock. I just don't know. I was excited to get my new Mustang but now I'm kind of losing interest. :(

Rachel has been very helpful with my current dilemma. She is having them look into why my vehicle keeps missing the train and hasn't moved from the factory. Hopefully she has an answer for me because by my calculations if it's not on the train by Friday it will probably miss the next delivery date of (1/19/15 - 1/25/15).

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here she is guys. Sorry took so long to get pictures up, have been busy with work....
She's a beauty! :clap2: Congratulations, ShadowHorse!

Same issue here. Shipped at 12/11 and had an EDD of 12/25. Then COTUS blanked out. Dealer said 29th to the 5th. COTUS then updated to 01/19/2015. Now dealer says the railhead guys are expecting the car between 01/13 and 01/19. ...
I know it's difficult to wait, Corwin and ZachR. Please send me a PM with your VINs; I'll see if I can find out any additional information. :)

Rachel has been very helpful with my current dilemma. She is having them look into why my vehicle keeps missing the train and hasn't moved from the factory. Hopefully she has an answer for me because by my calculations if it's not on the train by Friday it will probably miss the next delivery date of (1/19/15 - 1/25/15).
I just sent you a PM, jcovaltine; I was able to find out a few more details. :thumbsup:

Rachel

Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
my 4th or 5th EDD is today and I still don't have my car......

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
She's a beauty! :clap2: Congratulations, ShadowHorse!

I know it's difficult to wait, Corwin and ZachR. Please send me a PM with your VINs; I'll see if I can find out any additional information. :)

I just sent you a PM, jcovaltine; I was able to find out a few more details. :thumbsup:

Rachel
Corwin and ZachR make sure you send Rachel those VINs. She will make life a lot easier!!

Rachel THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! :clap2:

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
new EDD (#6) is 1/16/15

Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah ... my car has been sitting 7 hours away for the last 19 days. like I said my new EDD is 16 Jan and its no more than 7 hours away.

seriously Lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
yeah ... my car has been sitting 7 hours away for the last 19 days. like I said my new EDD is 16 Jan and its no more than 7 hours away.

seriously Lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can only imagine your pain. Mine sat 3 hours away for about a week and it drove me nuts!! I'll drink a beer for you tonight :tsk:

Ps... It's true what everyone says about it being worth the wait

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The most frustrating part is when you look at the build week threads after ours and people in California (where I live) are already receiving their vehicles. :shrug: I guess my car was loaded on the short train.

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The most frustrating part is when you look at the build week threads after ours and people in California (where I live) are already receiving their vehicles. :shrug: I guess my car was loaded on the short train.

That is the frustrating part. build dates after ours for orders all over the country are getting their cars. now convert orders are being delivered too. yeah its a lil upsetting. hearing about the modifications, big and small... day after day. im living the dream thru all of you. I know it will be worth the wait.
im also afraid it will be 32 degrees when I pick up my car. I will pull out of the lot, the wheels will kick to the left and around she goes... onto the curb... @#$%*%$# summer tires!!!!!

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That is the frustrating part. build dates after ours for orders all over the country are getting their cars. now convert orders are being delivered too. yeah its a lil upsetting. hearing about the modifications, big and small... day after day. im living the dream thru all of you. I know it will be worth the wait.
im also afraid it will be 32 degrees when I pick up my car. I will pull out of the lot, the wheels will kick to the left and around she goes... onto the curb... @#$%*%$# summer tires!!!!!
What's your EDD? Do you have a rail car number?
Sponsored