cup holder delete

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
hey guys i just sat in a 2016 RHD GT in auckland and the cup holders don't get in the way ,too much, but would be better with a cup holder delete . they have heaps of them for the 2009-14 models but I've not seen any yet for the 2015-16. any body seen any yet? thanks, tom
Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
They have the ash tray/coin holders (see below), but these might sit too proud and get in the way? I was thinking I may have to fashion some sort of 'arm-rest extension' type of thing with a thin piece of foam wrapped in leather/PU or something.

What did you think of the hand-brake position by the way? I actually thought it seemed like a more ergonomic position to be honest.

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys i just sat in a 2016 RHD GT in auckland and the cup holders don't get in the way ,too much, but would be better with a cup holder delete . they have heaps of them for the 2009-14 models but I've not seen any yet for the 2015-16. any body seen any yet? thanks, tom
I got on to America muscle , cj pony about cup holder covers or something like that , they said there's nothing like that available atm and nothing there going to do I the future ! It's a shame because I not going to use them, no drinking in my gt

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I got on to America muscle , cj pony about cup holder covers or something like that , they said there's nothing like that available atm and nothing there going to do I the future ! It's a shame because I not going to use them, no drinking in my gt

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I might try and source one of those ashtrays. I have one in my current car and use it as a coin holder - would be kind of lost without it after so long.

Like others have said, won't be any drinks going in there so may as well make the space as functional as possible.

The part number seems to be 5L8Z-7804810-BAA.

DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic
Just a side note boys and girls they wont do a cup holder delete for the S550 Mustang. as I understand it when the key is getting programed it is placed in the cup holders. If I am mistaken someone please correct me :)

lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT
Something to do with a dead key fob battery. It allows you to place the key there so you can start the car.

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
hand brake

They have the ash tray/coin holders (see below), but these might sit too proud and get in the way? I was thinking I may have to fashion some sort of 'arm-rest extension' type of thing with a thin piece of foam wrapped in leather/PU or something.

What did you think of the hand-brake position by the way? I actually thought it seemed like a more ergonomic position to be honest.
hey monty the hand brake was fine, no problem at all. either side it doesn't really matter. the thing with the cup holders are its not the best to rest your arm on, not that its uncomfortable but a flat surface would be better. unsure about this key thing though. the coin adapter might be the ticket, 2 of them.

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
key fob

Something to do with a dead key fob battery. It allows you to place the key there so you can start the car.
hey lightnin , i thought you could keep the key in your pocket? thats what they advertise anyway. thanks, tom

Sponsored
OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
dead key fob access in cup holders

Just a side note boys and girls they wont do a cup holder delete for the S550 Mustang. as I understand it when the key is getting programed it is placed in the cup holders. If I am mistaken someone please correct me :)
hey dib, if there is a slot in the cup holder to place a dead key fob so you can start the car thats all well and good and shouldn't stop someone from making a nice cup holder delete / arm rest piece , like they already have for the 2009-14 MY . its easily removable for that once every 5 years that your key fob battery runs low. tom

DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic
I read in the forums that is where they key is placed to be programed by that my key thing. there was a post somewhere in the forums about it already and a couple of the vendors chimed and said making a cup holder delete would be unlikely because of this. ill see if I can find the original thread and post it up.

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
key for failure slot in cup holder

I read in the forums that is where they key is placed to be programed by that my key thing. there was a post somewhere in the forums about it already and a couple of the vendors chimed and said making a cup holder delete would be unlikely because of this. ill see if I can find the original thread and post it up.
hey DIBGT one of the members on the US thread said there is a slot in the cup holder for if the key fob battery dies you can put it in and start the car. but a cup holder delete device wouldn't bother that as you can obviously just remove it. also there is ambient lighting at the bottom of the cup holders so maybe something i plexiglass ?

Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
Ford Australia have the coin cups (Part No. 5L8Z 7804810 AAA) for sale in their accessory brochure for $62 incl.gst.
Ian.
Sponsored