Crankshaft sensor replacement on 2015 GT 5.0

DWH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To change the crank shaft sensor on the 2015 is easy thanks to a tip I read on this forum. Remove the battery box and there is a panel that is removable making it an easy task to be able to reach the sensor which is located on the passenger side of the transmission at about 1:00. Thanks so much for the tip!!!
Sponsored

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
To change the crank shaft sensor on the 2015 is easy thanks to a tip I read on this forum. Remove the battery box and there is a panel that is removable making it an easy task to be able to reach the sensor which is located on the passenger side of the transmission at about 1:00. Thanks so much for the tip!!!
I was able to remove the crankshafter position sensor but I ca not get the new to seat properly in order to start the 8 mm screw. I was outside today for 2 hours and I gave up and will try tomorrow. How did you get it to seat? Also after you installed it did your car start up? I had P0339 fault code. I posted the other day. Thank you in advance for any input

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I was able to remove the crankshafter position sensor but I ca not get the new to seat properly in order to start the 8 mm screw. I was outside today for 2 hours and I gave up and will try tomorrow. How did you get it to seat? Also after you installed it did your car start up? I had P0339 fault code. I posted the other day. Thank you in advance for any input
Double check you got the right sensor as ford changed it for 2018+.

Is the sensor just sticking up above the metal causing the bolt to not align properly with the hole?

The sensor has a gasket oring thing that meets with the rear cover to help prevent debris getting onto the crankshaft trigger wheel or the magnetic end of the sensor. The sensor just might need a little force pushing down.

If you are having trouble getting at it from the top you may be able to go under, pull the starter and see it that way.

Getting the sensor to seat is pretty easy, getting the connector on is what i would think to be the hard part. Remember the bottom part of the sensor is going into a hole on the rear cover so it can read the crankshaft trigger wheel.

110335R_003.jpg

Blue line represents how the sensor will go into the rear cover so it can read the crankshaft trigger wheel (not included in picture but would bolt right to the end of the crankshaft).

That's pretty much all I could think of. If you can get it out you can get it in.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
This is so helpful and I will try again tomorrow. My wrist is so swollen so I will wait for tomorrow. I gave the vin to Ford and this one they ordered for me. BR3Z-6C315-B this is for the 2015 Mustang gt Premium. I never thought to pull the starter. You say its a better view and able to seat it better? Thank you for your help and I will go at it tomorrow.

Blake

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Double check you got the right sensor as ford changed it for 2018+.

Is the sensor just sticking up above the metal causing the bolt to not align properly with the hole?

The sensor has a gasket oring thing that meets with the rear cover to help prevent debris getting onto the crankshaft trigger wheel or the magnetic end of the sensor. The sensor just might need a little force pushing down.

If you are having trouble getting at it from the top you may be able to go under, pull the starter and see it that way.

Getting the sensor to seat is pretty easy, getting the connector on is what i would think to be the hard part. Remember the bottom part of the sensor is going into a hole on the rear cover so it can read the crankshaft trigger wheel.

110335R_003.jpg

Blue line represents how the sensor will go into the rear cover so it can read the crankshaft trigger wheel (not included in picture but would bolt right to the end of the crankshaft).

That's pretty much all I could think of. If you can get it out you can get it in.
TD STUART thank you for your help. I got the crankshaft seated and was able to seat the screw as well. My wrist is beat up but Im back and rolling. She started right up and I took her for a 15 minute drive. So I m assuming the pcm relearned by driving around. No more check engine light or codes. You and the rest of the guys saved me a lot of loot because I could imagine what the dealer would had charged. Thank you to all.

Blake
I missed the American muscle car show.
Sponsored