Sponsored

Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected Engine Code

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So I had my pcv gutted and its been fine for months but for a while now I have started noticing a foul oil burning smell coming from my car. When I do hard pulls then let off of accelerate in a higher gear say 4th for instance I make a smoke trail I recently over filled my car with oil and took it to the dealer to have it drained but the oil smell was occurring before this incident. My car has finally given me a code that makes sense the is P04DB im running a catless downpipe and have been for month without this smell so I know its definitely not normal and suggestions?
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Check the line running to your intake tube from the valve cover. Mine was ever so slightly loose and was causing the exact same problem. Make sure you hear it click in the locked position. After adjusting mine and making sure it was attached properly, I haven't had a single problem.

Edit: Btw, I had the same code as well.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The first one on the intake correct?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The one on the left

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the one on the left. The line runs from the intake tube to the valve cover on top of the engine.

Sponsored

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
So I had my pcv gutted and its been fine for months but for a while now I have started noticing a foul oil burning smell coming from my car. When I do hard pulls then let off of accelerate in a higher gear say 4th for instance I make a smoke trail I recently over filled my car with oil and took it to the dealer to have it drained but the oil smell was occurring before this incident. My car has finally given me a code that makes sense the is P04DB im running a catless downpipe and have been for month without this smell so I know its definitely not normal and suggestions?
Do you have a catch can?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
That's a good question. I assumed with his PCV being gutted that he would have had one installed. If he doesn't, oh my...lol. It's gonna be ugly.

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
That's a good question. I assumed with his PCV being gutted that he would have had one installed. If he doesn't, oh my...lol. It's gonna be ugly.

yea you need that check valve once you gut it. Just did mine but also installed the UPR dual kit. And now taking back off because i sold the car smh lol

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I'm running the UPR kit too. I'm going to sell mine around summer and try to snatch up a GT350.

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
I'm running the UPR kit too. I'm going to sell mine around summer and try to snatch up a GT350.

Yea i just made the jump to a GT. Good luck come this summer!

Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Speaking of the PCV, I got the UPR Dual Valve also, but didn't gut the pcv valve on the install. Is it ok to leave it as it, without gutting the pcv valve?

CoyoteFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
Speaking of the PCV, I got the UPR Dual Valve also, but didn't gut the pcv valve on the install. Is it ok to leave it as it, without gutting the pcv valve?
Its ok people are just doing it because of the smoke issue. I had a aftermarket DP with no cats and mine was bad. So i had to gut mine

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
So I installed the UPR dual valve catch can, and after around 100 miles or so I got the same code. I doubled checked the pcv hose that connects to the intake and made sure it was clicked in place. The ecu was reset and all was good until about another 100 miles. I got the the same code again. Any ideas on what I should be checking?

I'm going to double check the connections when I perform a boost leak test but I'm just curious on why its happening. Thanks!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
It's because of the difference in flow. Mine started throwing it again too and I asked Adam to turn it off in my tune. Once you've made sure the connections are good, there's nothing else to do but have it turned off.

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
It's because of the difference in flow. Mine started throwing it again too and I asked Adam to turn it off in my tune. Once you've made sure the connections are good, there's nothing else to do but have it turned off.

Thanks man, was starting to begin I did something wrong here haha. I'll still double check everything though.
Sponsored