Cooler install Photos

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
This is something we are considering putting together. We will start a separate thread and look at maybe doing a group buy for the first batch. We are a little hesitant to spend too much energy and resources on this knowing that ford is working on their own solution. Our overhead and cost to put something like together versus what Ford will eventually come up with will probably price ours out of the market. However as others have pointed out who knows when and what they will come to market with.
Are you guys still thinking of selling your own in house cooler kit ?
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I just emailed the company that made Tony's kit to see if they would be willing to sell more kits.

Will update this thread when i have info.

OP
OP
TonyJ5150

TonyJ5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I just emailed the company that made Tony's kit to see if they would be willing to sell more kits.

Will update this thread when i have info.
Call up Fathouse and ask for Ben..

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
I just spoke to John in Fathouse fabrication. Seams a little pricey at $4800 for parts and labor.

Sponsored

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Yes it is an expensive endeavor unfortunately. It takes right at 22-24 hours to one off custom make everything and that is where a lot of the expense is. The only way we could get this cost down is to do a production run of 10 kits or so. I'm not sure if we could get enough interest to do a run of these given ford has released the transmission and parts kit to do the complete factory swap. I will say though that I definitely like having the fluid circulation done off of a thermostat instead of constantly running like the GT350R factory setup does. Prolonged transmission warm up time is not ideal for those of you that street drive your cars. I would have to spend some time going over parts and estimated production cost but if I had to guess, a production kit that you would install yourself would probably come in at around $2500-$2700 (rough estimate)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I will say though that I definitely like having the fluid circulation done off of a thermostat instead of constantly running like the GT350R factory setup does.
I 100% agree with this.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Yes it is an expensive endeavor unfortunately. It takes right at 22-24 hours to one off custom make everything and that is where a lot of the expense is. The only way we could get this cost down is to do a production run of 10 kits or so. I'm not sure if we could get enough interest to do a run of these given ford has released the transmission and parts kit to do the complete factory swap. I will say though that I definitely like having the fluid circulation done off of a thermostat instead of constantly running like the GT350R factory setup does. Prolonged transmission warm up time is not ideal for those of you that street drive your cars. I would have to spend some time going over parts and estimated production cost but if I had to guess, a production kit that you would install yourself would probably come in at around $2500-$2700 (rough estimate)
John for what it's worth I would be interested in a group buy DIY kit. I would think many others would be as well, especially since the '16 tech packs are oversold right now, can steal them, add the coolers and have the best bang for the buck out there.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
John one question yesterday when I spoke to you did you give me the quote for just the trans or trans and diff. I know tony had both done and I wasint very clear.

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
That was just for the transmission cooler. The rear diff cooler comes in a little over 3,000 installed with a standalone thermostat controller like the transmission.

After going over the materials and labor, I think we can get a kit together that you can install yourself for around $2400~2500. That would include everything needed,down to the tools most people wont normally have. I would have to ship the wiring harness that connects to the thermostat without the plug on it because you have to run it through the firewall hole before installing the plug. This will require us shipping the kit with the correct terminal crimp pliers. We would also need to include a large drill bit and tap that is needed to mount the temp sensor bung to the transmission. In order for us to get the price down to that level, we would need to do a run of at least 10 kits. Before we start an official group buy thread, lets see how many of you would be interested. Looks like rb92gt is in....who else???

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thx for the reply John, would you guys be able to ship to Canada ?

Also, does your kit need any modifications like drilling additionnal holes or does it use existing holes to hold cooler and pump brackets ?

Are we able to keep winshield washer fluid reservoir to keep OEM look ?

Thanks

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Yes, we can ship to Canada. The only drilling and tapping is for the temp sensor into the transmission housing. The cooler, pump bracket and line bracket all use existing mounting points. This does keep the factory washer reservoir. The cooler that we use is even a little larger than what the factory equipped cooler is.

dstang88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT350 cai, exhaust
That was just for the transmission cooler. The rear diff cooler comes in a little over 3,000 installed with a standalone thermostat controller like the transmission.

After going over the materials and labor, I think we can get a kit together that you can install yourself for around $2400~2500. That would include everything needed,down to the tools most people wont normally have. I would have to ship the wiring harness that connects to the thermostat without the plug on it because you have to run it through the firewall hole before installing the plug. This will require us shipping the kit with the correct terminal crimp pliers. We would also need to include a large drill bit and tap that is needed to mount the temp sensor bung to the transmission. In order for us to get the price down to that level, we would need to do a run of at least 10 kits. Before we start an official group buy thread, lets see how many of you would be interested. Looks like rb92gt is in....who else???
I would be interested in the kit for the tranny. Would you make a kit that would include both the tranny and the differential cooler also? And what pricing?

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
John, could probably save a significant amount of cost by simply using a fixed thermostat, no real reason I can see to want to adjust temperatures it comes on at. Come on at 150-160, done.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

I am curious about the cost of parts alone for the rear diff setup. I would be doing my own labor.
Sponsored