Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Convertible weather is getting closer. I'm putting my summer tires/wheels on within the next 10 days.
Hmmm...Convertible weather for me in FL is when the temp is above 68. But I've got that Florida blood. I'm guessing about 50 and sunny in the "snow belt" is about the threshold for convertible tops to go down. (Kind of like motorcycle riding, as the summer riding season is short in snow belts, such enjoyment is valued greater). One must take advantage of the rarer adventure opportunities.

As far as my convertible rides in cooler weather, I could ride in lower temps, but I'm not one to drive around with my top down and windows up.

Hot, humid weather is its limitations as well. Top-down during midday is not for me, Florida blood or not. When hot, humid summer top down rides occur, they'll occur in the late evening or in the morning. But I've witnessed that in the snow belt, the love for riding top-down, or motorcycling is so strong that folks mentally block out associated discomforts and put the top down anyway. I can appreciate that.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Not too many years ago I moved from the South Side of Chicago to the Near North. I worked just south of the Loop and because of that my route to work was taking LSD twice a day. For that time I drove an Alfa Romeo Spyer (cabriolet). By the way, LSD is short for Lake Shore Drive and one of the most scenic drives one can take living, working or just visiting Chicago. Whether it was very hot or cold: I put the top down. Below 40F was my cold limit, though. Personally, I considered it a form of freedom. Putting my Mustang top down gives me that freedom once again.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Not too many years ago I moved from the South Side of Chicago to the Near North. I worked just south of the Loop and because of that my route to work was taking LSD twice a day. For that time I drove an Alfa Romeo Spyer (cabriolet). By the way, LSD is short for Lake Shore Drive and one of the most scenic drives one can take living, working or just visiting Chicago. Whether it was very hot or cold: I put the top down. Below 40F was my cold limit, though. Personally, I considered it a form of freedom. Putting my Mustang top down gives me that freedom once again.
Geez dude I thought you were dropping Acid twice a day. It would make living in Chicago seem better though. ;)

Sponsored