Mr. G

Ira
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost premium convertible oxford white
Planning to get the Magnaflow Street Cat Back. I understand that the updated system fits the convertibles.
*Just to clarify... Is it necessary to remove the brace then reinstall it or does the system bolt in place without having to remove the brace.

Much appreciated.
looking to get a set of axle backs for my EB 'vert. Curious if anyone has them, and if so how do they sound with the top down. I was looking at the AWE touring axle backs. Video on you tube sounds fine in the cabin on the 'vert with the top up, but can't find any clips with the top down.
Sponsored

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
looking to get a set of axle backs for my EB 'vert. Curious if anyone has them, and if so how do they sound with the top down. I was looking at the AWE touring axle backs. Video on you tube sounds fine in the cabin on the 'vert with the top up, but can't find any clips with the top down.
I have the MF Streets and was just cruising tonight on the interstate with the top down. They sound great! They sound better with the top down because you hear them better! Nice deep sound but not overly droning! I like the MF because it is a very smooth sound, not popcorny!

Madmax69ca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Yellow Vert
Even if you could install it without removing the bracing, you need to take the bracing off to remove the stock exhaust as it is one single piece !

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Even if you could install it without removing the bracing, you need to take the bracing off to remove the stock exhaust as it is one single piece !
Thanks. Sorry for the dumb question! Like to know what has to be done before I take the car in somewhere...

Ordered the Magnaflow Street system today. Can't wait!

Cheers

Last edited:

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back is installed. I'm really enjoying it. It is actually a little louder than I thought it would be since some of the reviews said it was only a bit louder than stock. Imo it is significantly louder, in a good way. Nice deep tone. Makes the exhaust more present. Initially I thought the 4.5" tips looked abnormally huge but I have adjusted to them now.

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back is installed. I'm really enjoying it. It is actually a little louder than I thought it would be since some of the reviews said it was only a bit louder than stock. Imo it is significantly louder, in a good way. Nice deep tone. Makes the exhaust more present. Initially I thought the 4.5" tips looked abnormally huge but I have adjusted to them now.
We're happy to hear that, TC! Thank you for choosing Magnaflow! :thumbsup:

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
Well, I just ordered the Magnaflow Street Cat-Back Exhaust for $1,121 @ American Muscle. I think from the videos I like it over the Ford Racing Borla Touring... all I know it had better fit with the Convertible's bracing. I stressing about that!

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I just ordered the Magnaflow Street Cat-Back Exhaust for $1,121 @ American Muscle. I think from the videos I like it over the Ford Racing Borla Touring... all I know it had better fit with the Convertible's bracing. I stressing about that!

It will.... that bracing aint no thang!

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
now I am trying to change my order to the new Foose Cat-Back (its between Street and the louder one). I have to wait until tomorrow when the shipping department is around to see if I can cancel the Street Cat-Back to reorder.

Last edited:

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
It will.... that bracing aint no thang!
Not to worry-our systems are designed to work with both coupe and convertible models! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Sadly I will not know for some time, since American Muscle is running me through red tape on box damage and I fear some bits/pieces might be bent/off with the Street Cat-Backs. I tried to post a review how I felt they should just cross-ship me a new one, without having to wait for their "UPS Investigation" but their site kept erroring on posting my review.

Seems the box was banged hard to the point the staples were busted loose and a sizeable hole is in the side of the box (it was basically nearly completely opened from the bottom). Now I am told I have to wait 2~3 days for UPS to do a investigation before I'll have any chance of getting a new unit shipped. Not overly impressed with customer support in not getting a new unit shipped while America Muscle dances with UPS.

Super Sad Face :(
IMG_9411 600.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sadly I will not know for some time, since American Muscle is running me through red tape on box damage and I fear some bits/pieces might be bent/off with the Street Cat-Backs. I tried to post a review how I felt they should just cross-ship me a new one, without having to wait for their "UPS Investigation" but their site kept erroring on posting my review.

Seems the box was banged hard to the point the staples were busted loose and a sizeable hole is in the side of the box (it was basically nearly completely opened from the bottom). Now I am told I have to wait 2~3 days for UPS to do a investigation before I'll have any chance of getting a new unit shipped. Not overly impressed with customer support in not getting a new unit shipped while America Muscle dances with UPS.

Super Sad Face :(
Is there any damage? At the point your at, you might as well check. On a side note, we're in Austin for WEC at COTA. Awesome event.

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Its really hard to tell, I think perhaps one of the hangers are bent. But that is a big 'think' - I really have no way to know. I rather not pay ~200 dollars to find out it's out of whack.

So it's been RMA'ed and UPS is coming out tomorrow. American Muscle would not budge on cross shipping before UPS picks up the box and does their thing. Josh @AM did say they would rush the replacement once the red tape is done, so I did get that I suppose. Likely be another week (or more) before I get the cat-backs installed. I am really bummed out.

@WEC at COTA ... one day I'll make it out there - it's like down the road from me in Kyle via the toll.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Its really hard to tell, I think perhaps one of the hangers are bent. But that is a big 'think' - I really have no way to know. I rather not pay ~200 dollars to find out it's out of whack.

So it's been RMA'ed and UPS is coming out tomorrow. American Muscle would not budge on cross shipping before UPS picks up the box and does their thing. Josh @AM did say they would rush the replacement once the red tape is done, so I did get that I suppose. Likely be another week (or more) before I get the cat-backs installed. I am really bummed out.

@WEC at COTA ... one day I'll make it out there - it's like down the road from me in Kyle via the toll.
Glad to hear that it was straightened out. It's not uncommon for the box to take some damage during shipping. The couriers are REALLY rough with packages. We expect this to happen, so we use a ton of packing material inside the box. The exhaust was probably* undamaged inside, but there's nothing wrong with airing on the side of caution!

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I just finished installing my Ford Performance quad tip exhaust with touring mufflers. I had no problems with the brace.

Here is a clip of the exhaust

Her is before and After
IMG_0551a.jpg
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG
Sponsored