#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
392 ! Thanks for letting me know! I feel very good on the product that I purchased
Sponsored

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost convertible
I got the Steeda rails on my 2020. You need to grind off some seam sealer at the front and had to grind on the bolt holes to get them to fit. For $200 I was hoping for a better quality product. Seam sealer is unavoidable though.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Future purchase for me!

CVCashmere

OP
OP
#1ford

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Received my jacking radiator today !!! They look great, Thanks again to TJ. From steeds for everything you did .

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
FYI, if you don’t want to whip out the grinder, I was able to remove the seam sealer with a chisel pretty easily. I like my Steeda rails. Almost ashamed to say I haven’t used them yet.

Gators0204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium vert
I ordered mine from cjpony, because they gave me a military discount and they are an hour and a half from me so I had my order next day. That being said, I had my rails installed in a bout 20 minutes or so. Everything lined up fine, no modification needed. I also ordered the 2 point brace which took me about 15 minutes.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine from cjpony, because they gave me a military discount and they are an hour and a half from me so I had my order next day. That being said, I had my rails installed in a bout 20 minutes or so. Everything lined up fine, no modification needed. I also ordered the 2 point brace which took me about 15 minutes.
We also offer a 10% discount for the military, first responders & more ... not as close proximity wise but always another option :)

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Steeda rails on my 2020. You need to grind off some seam sealer at the front and had to grind on the bolt holes to get them to fit. For $200 I was hoping for a better quality product. Seam sealer is unavoidable though.
I just wanted to respond to this - to clarify, you had to grind the bolt holes in the Steeda Jacking Rails to get them to fit? Some of the vehicles, when they are produced at the factory, can have slight variances from car to car ...the Steeda rails should require 0 modifications to get them to fit (outside of the seam sealer being removed).

TJ

Sponsored

Gators0204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium vert
We also offer a 10% discount for the military, first responders & more ... not as close proximity wise but always another option :)

TJ
My next and probably(I hope) last mod is the FP track suspension. Maybe even the street, not entirely sure. I was looking to buy that direct from you since your prices were better than American muscle(which is about 40 minutes from me).
I'll be strictly cruising and spirited driving with the occasional light to light and roll race.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My next and probably(I hope) last mod is the FP track suspension. Maybe even the street, not entirely sure. I was looking to buy that direct from you since your prices were better than American muscle(which is about 40 minutes from me).
I'll be strictly cruising and spirited driving with the occasional light to light and roll race.
Sure you don't want to get into a Steeda suspension package :) we can put something together for you that suits your driving style - shoot me an email to tim at steeda & we can get this going for you!

TJ

Gators0204

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium vert
Sure you don't want to get into a Steeda suspension package :) we can put something together for you that suits your driving style - shoot me an email to tim at steeda & we can get this going for you!

TJ
Ok, Ill shoot an email. I'm always open to options. I will say I was looking at the bilstein assembled kit as well. Just seems the ford performance package comes with everything. Real good bang for the buck. This is my first mustang and my first performance car so I'll admit I have a lot to learn. I'm an off roader so this is all new to me but fun

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost convertible
I just wanted to respond to this - to clarify, you had to grind the bolt holes in the Steeda Jacking Rails to get them to fit? Some of the vehicles, when they are produced at the factory, can have slight variances from car to car ...the Steeda rails should require 0 modifications to get them to fit (outside of the seam sealer being removed).

TJ
Yes, The front bolt holes needed to be opened up a bit and the exposed metal painted. As you can see I was not the only person that had to do this.
As far as factory variations I am more inclined to believe the variation would be in your product versus mounting points in the body of the vehicle.
At the end of the day having to modify the product to fit is no big deal. But maybe worth mentioning in the instructions that slight bolt hole modification may be required or change the hole orientation a bit during manufacturing.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, The front bolt holes needed to be opened up a bit and the exposed metal painted. As you can see I was not the only person that had to do this.
As far as factory variations I am more inclined to believe the variation would be in your product versus mounting points in the body of the vehicle.
At the end of the day having to modify the product to fit is no big deal. But maybe worth mentioning in the instructions that slight bolt hole modification may be required or change the hole orientation a bit during manufacturing.
You would be surprised at how things shift over several years of production - can you please send me photos of the jacking rails & the modifications you had to make. Please send to tim @ steeda.com

Thank you.

TJ
Sponsored