Consistent misfire in '17 Gt

Khatti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khatt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Hi y'all this is my first time posting in this thread. If there are any other threads that have had the same problems as me and found what was wrong a resolved you can just tell me to look there.

Now to the point. About a year ago I was getting misfirea and did the basic things like new plugs, coils, injectors, etc. Could not figure it out so I sent it to a dealer. Sat at the dealer for 8 months without it being touched. Finally decided to take it to another dealer and in two weeks they looked at it. New dealer said it had oil in all cylinders in bank 2, oil in cylinder 1 and 3. Which was causing the misfire. Was recommended replacing the whole engine but read on other threads that a valve cover problem was common in coyotes. Took the car back and decided to buy a bore scope and look at it myself. Only found signs of oil in 2, 3, and 8. Also the plugs were extremely fouled, so I decided just to replace the all plugs and decided to see how the car ran. Ran perfectly with CEL on for 2 days then it went off. (maybe I solved the problem).
2 weeks later after everything was fine. Car starts misfiring again, so I decide to pull all plugs and rediscovered oil only on cylinder 8. Pulled codes and was getting P0308(cylinder 8 misfire) and P0390(camshaft position sensor bank 2).

I'm honestly getting tired of chasing the problem. Should I just get a new engine or replace the the camshaft sensor and valve covers for aluminum ones?
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Compression test
Leak down test
Valve cover gaskets have nothing to do with oil in the cylinders.
Rings, valve guides and head gaskets could.
Find a competent independent mechanic and leave the dealer alone unless they are needed for some proprietary software programing...

OP
OP

Khatti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khatt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored