Sponsored

Collision avoidance

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Yes if optioned. It's really collision 'mitigation' though, it won't stop the car for you to zero just help you prepare for your accident in style.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The dynamic cruise control / automatic windshield wipers option has collision detection which gives visual warnings and pre-tensions the brakes.

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeap! I put it to the test few times already. You need to add this option.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The newest Fusion TV ad shows Blind Spot Detection, FULL parking assist, cross traffic warning, and FULL (STOP) collision detection. I wonder why the Mustang didn't get the full stop collision detection, while its little brother did?

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
The newest Fusion TV ad shows Blind Spot Detection, FULL parking assist, cross traffic warning, and FULL (STOP) collision detection. I wonder why the Mustang didn't get the full stop collision detection, while its little brother did?
The mustang does have it. Its called a brake pedal.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The mustang does have it. Its called a brake pedal.
Right? Jesus. At some point you know you have to actually...like...drive the car, right? My God.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I guess some of you own your own body shops! I had two crazy drivers cross my path at the same time. While I was trying to keep from hitting one idiot, the other decided to turn left across my lane without signaling. Only by sheer luck was I able to stop before T-boning the second car. If I had a second less time, I would have hit her. Collision stop would at least helped me to keep from potentially impacting. I also like ABS because it usually works a lot better than my foot trying to modulate the brakes when it is slippery. I guess some of you are going to swap out your 6-speed MT for a 3-speed since 6 is just more advanced fluff that REAL MEN don't need.

Netromancer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
While doing some "spirited" driving I think i figured out why the Mustang doesn't stop the car for you.

Currently the car will warn you by beeping and flashing a red light across the windshield, while priming the breaks if it thinks a crash is imminent. Once the breaks are primed you just have to apply any amount of pressure to the breaks and the car will apply the full amount.

I believe the car doesn't stop it self because Ford assumes you will be doing some more sporty maneuvers than you would in a Fusion. Last time the sensor went off I was accelerating and went around a suddenly stopped car. The cars sensors went off to warn me, but I knew there was no danger since I was planning to drive around the car. I couldn't help but think what would have happened if my car stopped hard on its own in that situation.

Say you have someone following you at high speeds (cat & mouse) and the car decides to slam on the breaks because of an avoidable obstacle, in that situation you could end up with the car behind you in your tail pipes. Like I said I think Ford knows what people will do with this car. It will probably avoid more accidents to have the car to warn you, than having the car decide when to stop on its own.

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
Right? Jesus. At some point you know you have to actually...like...drive the car, right? My God.
WHAT......i have to actually do something? Im taking the car back..........:frusty:

(Sarcasm)

Sponsored

Jrhogger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard
While doing some "spirited" driving I think i figured out why the Mustang doesn't stop the car for you.

Currently the car will warn you by beeping and flashing a red light across the windshield, while priming the breaks if it thinks a crash is imminent. Once the breaks are primed you just have to apply any amount of pressure to the breaks and the car will apply the full amount.

I believe the car doesn't stop it self because Ford assumes you will be doing some more sporty maneuvers than you would in a Fusion. Last time the sensor went off I was accelerating and went around a suddenly stopped car. The cars sensors went off to warn me, but I knew there was no danger since I was planning to drive around the car. I couldn't help but think what would have happened if my car stopped hard on its own in that situation.

Say you have someone following you at high speeds (cat & mouse) and the car decides to slam on the breaks because of an avoidable obstacle, in that situation you could end up with the car behind you in your tail pipes. Like I said I think Ford knows what people will do with this car. It will probably avoid more accidents to have the car to warn you, than having the car decide when to stop on its own.
Agreed, i have had the car "alert" when I was coming up on traffic that was stopped ahead and I was moving into the turn lane. Would not have been good had the car stopped for me to avoid something I was already avoiding.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

That's what I've been saying. Its getting stupid. People cant back up with out cameras, alarms, whistles , sonar, OTH radar, tilting mirrors, unreal

now cant change lanes without all this other crap.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
That's what I've been saying. Its getting stupid. People cant back up with out cameras, alarms, whistles , sonar, OTH radar, tilting mirrors, unreal

now cant change lanes without all this other crap.
People "can" do all types of things. I never drove a car with anti-lock brakes until about 2008 or so. That doesn't mean anti-locks brakes aren't better than non-anti-lock brakes.

I've been parallel parking since I first started driving just short of twenty years ago, and I'm really good at it -- but the backup camera has made me a whole lot better, because when I'm backing up in 1/4" increments into a spot, the camera tells me when I need to shift out of reverse and go forwards, rather than a tap to the bumper of the car behind me. Technology is a great thing.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
People "can" do all types of things. I never drove a car with anti-lock brakes until about 2008 or so. That doesn't mean anti-locks brakes aren't better than non-anti-lock brakes.

I've been parallel parking since I first started driving just short of twenty years ago, and I'm really good at it -- but the backup camera has made me a whole lot better, because when I'm backing up in 1/4" increments into a spot, the camera tells me when I need to shift out of reverse and go forwards, rather than a tap to the bumper of the car behind me. Technology is a great thing.
Technology is indeed great. I've been saved by ABS a couple of times, especially on slick roads. I'd never give back seat belts or airbags. I don't mind BLIS or cameras.

But the rise of cars getting auto emergency braking is because people are doing things other than driving, like fussing with their children, texting, or digging around their car. Proper following distance, speed, and awareness of the road in front of you negates the need for this feature.

People want cars to drive for them so they can update their social media feeds. I hope they get their wish because they're unsafe and unfit drivers, but you shouldn't be shopping for a Mustang at that point...
Sponsored