Cobra Jet IM drivability?

OP
OP

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I'll be able to tell you soon I'm preparing my car for a CJ swap but in the mean time I've got my IMRCs deleted in my tune so I've been driving without them for a couple weeks now. I'm still working on the cam angles mostly on low rpm tip in to help torque response.
Drivability wise the OEM GT500 throttle body (it's a twin 62mm) will likely drive the nicest and it saves you about $500 over the FRPP Twin 65mm throttle body or the SCJ monoblade. I got my throttle body new on eBay for $95 shipped. AM has the CJ for $799 with forum discount. I'm modding my PMAS to fit the CJ with a 5" silicone 90 and a piece of 5" aluminum IC piping with a 45* bend. $66 total to mod it to fit. Overall cost is less than a GT350 manifold and throttle body.
Thanks for the info! I will certainly keep my eyes out for your results. Those prices aren't bad, I believe I can sell my gt350 setup with the "install kit parts" and PMAS intake for enough to cover most of the cost. I only have about 3k miles on the parts if that. If there isn't much of a performance gain with the mono or more expensive twins then It sounds like the GT500 TB would be the way to go for price and drivability, at least NA.
Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I'm waiting on PMAS to release their CJ CAI here in a few weeks to install my CJ with GT500 TB. Budget limited my TB choice for now.

Search around on the "other" forum, there is good information as to why the mono has drivability issues. They get into specifics of surface area, closing rate, throttle error etc

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm waiting on PMAS to release their CJ CAI here in a few weeks to install my CJ with GT500 TB. Budget limited my TB choice for now.

Search around on the "other" forum, there is good information as to why the mono has drivability issues. They get into specifics of surface area, closing rate, throttle error etc
Get a piece of 5" ic pipe and a 5" silicone 90* and make the PMAS MAF you have work with it. That's what I'm doing.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Yea, I saw that AFTER I sold my PMAS lol

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Haven't cut it yet. My good friend has a fabrication shop. We've discussed a Ti intake with a PMAS filter and bellmouth on the end since I have an extra but not sure I want to mess with it.

I keep wanting to go out and see if we can machine the stock mounts in any way to gain 3/4 clearance. I don't want stiff mounts so I'm going to cut if I can't lower the stock mounts in any way.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Haven't cut it yet. My good friend has a fabrication shop. We've discussed a Ti intake with a PMAS filter and bellmouth on the end since I have an extra but not sure I want to mess with it.

I keep wanting to go out and see if we can machine the stock mounts in any way to gain 3/4 clearance. I don't want stiff mounts so I'm going to cut if I can't lower the stock mounts in any way.
I would worry about your headers hitting the steering shaft I've heard others with long tubes have had this issue. I decided it was less headache to just cut mine.
kdkc54.jpg
Sponsored