http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
http://www.centuryspring.com/Store/item_detail.php?StockNumber=72786S

Sorry got sidetracked with God Daughter!

Yesterday went by the shop. I showed the spring to the owner who also happens to have a 2015 S550. As soon as the guys were done and he felt the clutch he asked if I would barter one of the springs for service work. I told him I was saving one for GT Pony as it was his link that I used for the purchase. I did give him one for his car in return for some other work. Thanks GT Pony for that I would have never known what to get!

Bottom Line = Very good result. No Clutch lag, the clutch is about 35% harder to push in and the car is about 50% easier to drive. You can feel the clutch engage and with this spring the pedal comes all the way back towards the driver same as stock.

I don't care if you don't think you need it. There are 50 pages in another post you can pound your chest in. It's funny how many people have already said this isn't necessary yet the interest in this very high. If you don't want to worry about your pedal returning stock positions, you should team up with someone and get it.

For the sake of full disclosure I do not have a lot of miles with the spring. It does not seem like it will stretch but it could over time. This spring is about 20lbs worth. I think the perfect spring is around 60lbs. The only reason I say that is some may think the spring it too lose when the clutch pedal is out. It is not bouncing around but you can turn it with your hand. There is def a big jump going from what the shop thought was about 190lbs to 20lbs. I am going to leave it but there is still room for very minor improvement.

Here is a link to a 60 lb version.

http://www.centuryspring.com/Store/item_detail.php?StockNumber=S-290

Merry Christmas everyone, be safe

Here are some pictures.

Stock = top

Stock = right

Installed

My clutch sits slightly higher than the brake as did with the stock spring

Not sure what else may be asked but ask away.
DBA
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anxious to hear how the softer spring works out. :thumbsup:

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Sub'd. Very curious about the feel of this.

Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I like the way the the clutch feels nkw with no spring. Adding a different spring just seems like a PITA and waste of time.

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Someone I know took their spring out and the clutch wouldn't return to the very top position. It was about a quarter of an inch from he top. Caused lots of clutch chatter every now and then. Put the clutch spring back in and now the clutch returns to the top. Not as much clutch chatter.

carsontech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
This spring should allow more feel of the clutch through the pedal but still be able to pull the clutch pedal back up.

This is the same with the Corvette crowd. They started taking their clutch spring out and a lot of them wore their clutches down prematurly. Although they were taking their springs out for a differnt reason besides clutch feel. They were doing it to try to fix high RPM lockouts.

I had a C6 but never had issues with high RPM lockouts, so I never pulled my spring.

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
Sub'd

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What led @dbasql to order up this spring for testing was talk in the other super long clutch pedal spring thread about how to get rid of the free play at the top of the pedal, but still have some good feel on the pedal like there was no spring at all. Myself and another member got on the 'net and found a couple of springs that would physically fit where the stock spring sits, and @dbasql was gracious enough to purchase springs for testing.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=936776&postcount=735

This softer spring will keep the pedal at the top when the clutch is engaged, but still give 90%+ of the pedal feel as if the stock spring is removed. Putting in the softer spring will be easy once the stock spring is removed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I will easily order one of these if they get rid of the slop up top...Feels so crappy on a brand new car, but I hate the stock spring.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
If two other people in Columbia want to split an order, let me know! $23 a piece to meet the min order amount.
[MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] [MENTION=11564]15COPP[/MENTION] [MENTION=12819]ScottsGT[/MENTION]

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
What the heck, I'm in. It's only $23.