Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
You are twisting things.
I am saying that if you have evidence that has been requested by the court or opposing counsel, or has been deemed material by law enforcement, and you then delete that evidence, you can be sanctioned heavily by the court. If you get into an accident and then say "uh oh" and delete the files, that may also be deemed a violation.

Whether you can get away with deleting or 'losing' the memory card is a separate matter, which has no bearing on whether it is or is not lawful to have done so.

I am discussing the law, not how likely you are to violate it and get away with it.

Please watch this (roughly 3 minutes is relevant to our discussion):

Yes, I get your point about the law - thanks for the video. What each individual decides to do with his or her videos is up to them, and they can deal with the court if it ever comes down to that.

People who have dashcams may simply turn off the dashcam by mistake - I've actually done that before by hitting the wrong button. Or they were too lazy to install the dashcam - many people don't leave it on their windshield all the time due to scumbags breaking in to steal it. The "expectation" is that everyone who has a dashcam is constantly recording, but that is not necessarily true. Therefore, there could be many reasons why someone doesn't have a video even though they have a dashcam in the car. Having the court "assume" you're at fault because you didn't have a video to prove your weren't is a bit over the top IMO.

In cases that actually go to court, there will usually be all kinds of other evidence anyway that would convict somebody of wrong doing, even without video evidence.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Watch how the moron in the white Stratus exits the interstate...

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Yes, I get your point about the law - thanks for the video. What each individual decides to do with his or her videos is up to them, and they can deal with the court if it ever comes down to that.

People who have dashcams may simply turn off the dashcam by mistake - I've actually done that before by hitting the wrong button. Or they were too lazy to install the dashcam - many people don't leave it on their windshield all the time due to scumbags breaking in to steal it. The "expectation" is that everyone who has a dashcam is constantly recording, but that is not necessarily true. Therefore, there could be many reasons why someone doesn't have a video even though they have a dashcam in the car. Having the court "assume" you're at fault because you didn't have a video to prove your weren't is a bit over the top IMO.

In cases that actually go to court, there will usually be all kinds of other evidence anyway that would convict somebody of wrong doing, even without video evidence.
I agree regarding circumstances where it doesn't work/operate. My dashcam power cable runs along my headliner, down the side along the door, and then goes into the power socket found in the armrest compartment. Occasionally it works its way out and fails to provide power.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I agree regarding circumstances where it doesn't work/operate. My dashcam power cable runs along my headliner, down the side along the door, and then goes into the power socket found in the armrest compartment. Occasionally it works its way out and fails to provide power.
All fine for a criminal trial where beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard, but in a civil case if the other party says your dash-cam will show ...... and you say you bought a dash-cam to record wrong doing by others but put up with it not working because of your incompetence in operation or installation, that is hard to sell. And you might be surprised how hard it is to get away with lying when grilled. Believe me every situation or circumstance you make up has related aspects that can trip you up because you didn't or couldn't think of them all and keep it all straight under pressure. I once had a cop write me a ticket for something he told me was bogus just because he didn't like bikers. I got him so twisted up on the stand, the judge chewed him out before dismissing; and I'm guessing someone like that cop was a fairly experienced liar.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
anyone with the thinkware f770 have an installation video?

or any other similar dash cam? (looking specifically for a 15+ mustang installation)

Last edited:

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic

Dude that's some crazy driving right there. Do people actually drive like that on a normal basis!?

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase

Nashville...gotta love it. My parents live in Spring Hill and we go to Nashville on a regular basis when we are visiting.... I hate driving in that town just for what you posted.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Dude that's some crazy driving right there. Do people actually drive like that on a normal basis!?
Fortunately not; the worst drivers I see are usually from Georgia and Florida (but they are never driving Mustangs, of course). :D

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
[ame]

People drive like idiots in San Francisco.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
FUCK! this is one of my biggest fears when driving ... especially in silicon valley/ SF

I always try to speed up and get out of someonse blind spot because I just assume the idiot isnt going to check before they quickly switch lanes

its rough out here!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

People drive like idiots in San Francisco.
Not just in SF. Sorry that happened.

Sometimes here are lessons in what idiots do. Absolutely, not your fault at all but when a lane is backing up and the adjacent lane isn't, someone may want to jump into it. And people screw up and make last second choices without checking the blind spots. I minimize the time I'm in someone's blind spot or next to them at all, but what I am going to take from your video is to drop back if I have to in that situation until I have no doubt they are going to stop as opposed to no doubt on if they should stop. Yeah, I and a few cars behind me may get somewhere a minute or two later, but unless they are going to help pay for what some idiot does to my car, I'm going to do it.
Sponsored