Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Really enjoy your videos, you do a great job! And helps to illustrate my point, people are idiots. Be ready for it... :)
Thanks! Yeah, like people in earlier posts say, you have to be a defensive driver and anticipate people doing the most idiotic things.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
More footage of people not using their turn signals and running lights.

Nice video! I see you included that nice soundtrack in the background too lol. :headbang:

:cheers:

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LOL! I know i shouldn't be laughing but as a fellow south florida driver, your videos made me crack up! I have the same reaction to terrible drivers as you, Yell F**k, speed up next to them and start screaming. Might need to invest in a dash cam soon.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Finally found this thread again, forgot the title... anyways, caught this little gem going to work a couple weeks ago (in my Rental du Jour while mine is still in the shop)

[ame]

Sponsored

Sponsored

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Virginia Bad Drivers: Episode 3 featuring red light running, a Nissan Skyline and a midget...yes a midget. If you aren't subbed, please do so. I can no longer tell you what happens at 100 subs due to forum rules. But, it's worth it.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]RP_rQI31X7g[/MEDIA]"]

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
If you aren't subbed, please do so. I can no longer tell you what happens at 100 subs due to forum rules. But, it's worth it.
Done! :) Looking forward to my $1,000,000 gift card! :D

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Done! :) Looking forward to my $1,000,000 gift card! :D
LOL! You're gonna get me banned from the forum. Thanks for the sub. :cheers:

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
This is absolutely correct. I was taught to always assume that the person behind/beside/pulling onto the road/etc. can and often will do the unexpected. Truly defensive driving is the only way to really protect yourself. I have saved myself at least 4 times by watching my rear view mirror under hard braking alone. If they guy behind me is not going to stop then I will either bail (if it is available to me) or push it a little closer to the car in front of me to give them more room.

The most clear example of this was on the way home from my in-laws on Christmas Eve about 7 years ago. We had our kids (1 and 4 at the time) in the back seat, and it was pretty late and dark (and cold and wet out). We came up to the last stop light before merging onto the freeway, and had been sitting for maybe 10sec. I happened to be looking in the rear view mirror and saw a big truck barreling down on us clearly not going to stop (distracted? tired?). Since I knew there were no cars coming either way on the intersection (always be situationally aware), and despite my red light, I punched it and pulled to the right. My wife stared yelling at me "what do you think you are doing!??!?" until fractions of a second later, the truck (realizing the red light at the last moment) locked 'em up and skidded through the intersection, probably going 45-50. Since he was much larger than our car (Ford Taurus), it is highly likely he may have taken my kid's lives that night.

I have always watched cars that pull up out of parking lots, watch the cars in the lane next to me for signs that they are impaired, not paying attention, or suddenly going to fly into my lane especially if they are coming up onto a slower vehicle. I also always try to keep cars out of my blind spots (and try not to sit in someone else's blind spot) and am aware of where cars are around me so I can react and not think when the unexpected happens (is there a car next to me or is that lane free for me to bail into it?). Many of the situations in the videos on this site would have been much less close had the drivers been ready for anything. Once you have driven like this for a while, it is not work, it is just what you do. Not only can it help you have a clean, straight car. It can also save the life of yourself or someone you love someday.
Dude! How do you do all that AND check your Twitter feed?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Problem solved!

Dude! How do you do all that AND check your Twitter feed?
I have solved that by fashioning a do-it-yourself HUD that shows my twitter feed, Foxnews, Facebook, ESPN, Mustang6g and my Match.com profile... all while keeping my eyes on the road! No distraction whatsoever! :cheers:
MustangHUD.jpg
Sponsored