Sponsored

Close call, but choosing new GT over the new C7 Corvette

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Beautiful.

The Mustangs are nice but the C7 is just....Amazing. This morning I floored it in 3rd, was thrown back in my seat and started laughing hysterically from how awesome that was and I didn't crack 4k rpm.

Almost at 500 miles and my redline will finally go up to 6800.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
Beautiful.

The Mustangs are nice but the C7 is just....Amazing. This morning I floored it in 3rd, was thrown back in my seat and started laughing hysterically from how awesome that was and I didn't crack 4k rpm.

Almost at 500 miles and my redline will finally go up to 6800.

That's awesome. I've had my car since July and I only have 161 miles on it. Yesterday I floored it as well and it was an experience let me tell you. The exhaust went full song and there wasn't a soul behind me after that. Do you have the dual mode exhaust (NPP)? It's worth every penny!

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417997232.858815.jpg

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That's awesome. I've had my car since July and I only have 161 miles on it. Yesterday I floored it as well and it was an experience let me tell you. The exhaust went full song and there wasn't a soul behind me after that. Do you have the dual mode exhaust (NPP)? It's worth every penny!
Mines a DD so she's going to get some miles on her lol

Nope I like obnoxious loud lol. I saved the coin and ordered Corsa Extremes for $1400. They hopefully will get installed this week.

Make sure if you went Z51 you have a mandatory 500 mile oil change because of the dry sump. I opted for non-Z51 to keep the normal tires, suspension and I didn't need track endurance but ill be adding on Z51 Aero bits, sway bars and Z06 grill.

Sponsored

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines a DD so she's going to get some miles on her lol

Nope I like obnoxious loud lol. I saved the coin and ordered Corsa Extremes for $1400. They hopefully will get installed this week.

Make sure if you went Z51 you have a mandatory 500 mile oil change because of the dry sump. I opted for non-Z51 to keep the normal tires, suspension and I didn't need track endurance but ill be adding on Z51 Aero bits, sway bars and Z06 grill.

I'll keep that in mind. I do have the Z51 package. The NPP exhaust sounds awesome to me. No complaints. The only thing I added was a trunk liner (convertibles), mud guards front and rear, under hood liner with painted Corvette logo, factory battery charger and car cover. No mods to this car whatsoever.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[ame]https://vimeo.com/113876047[/ame]

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I have both cars. The C7 is a beast. The Mustang is tame in comparison.
I agree with you fully.

When moving from my C7 to the S550 I feel like it's missing 100hp initially. Once I drive it awhile I get used to it and it feels really good... then I get back in my C7 and I am amazed again. :cheers:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
I agree with you fully.

When moving from my C7 to the S550 I feel like it's missing 100hp initially. Once I drive it awhile I get used to it and it feels really good... then I get back in my C7 and I am amazed again. :cheers:
Time for some mods to the Mustang then...so many to choose from...it's possible to be amazed in different ways by different cars :gossip:

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Time for some mods to the Mustang then...so many to choose from :gossip:
It's my commuter, so they will probably be limited for power adders. I do a 150 mile round trip commute to/from work and need the car to be reliable for many miles w/o any worries.

Sponsored

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I currently have a c7 and just got a mustang gt. If I have to get rid of one it'll be the vette. It's way faster and gets more attention but the stang is more fun to drive. And easier to drive.

Pokergeneg

POKERGENE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO
NATPAG: The only time I have ever been in a Pub
was in England -- here in the good old US of A --
especially down South -- they are called Bars.
Other then that, go Mustang.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I do when the weather is good. I prefer not to drive it in the rain because the imported people in the SF Bay Area can't seem to understand that when the roads are wet stopping distances increase.
:lol:

c7neb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT
My wife and I have both cars. I have the Vette and she has the Mustang. You can't go wrong with your decision either way.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
I ultimately considered the corvette myself as well, brethren. My decision came to a halt when I came to the realization that it doesn't have room for a baby seat. This is a hard fact when the girl I pick up from the local sports pub with it puts a move on me and gets me protection free. Not that I would have the baby most of the time, but we are talking about a government motor. I can't risk being late to court dates. Shutting down 4 cylinders sounded great, as using the 150 shot on the daily commute would mean I'd only have to rebuild half the engine. My car payment would be as much if not more than my brand new Double-wide payment with this car. That bothers me because I'm budgeting a double car port for the near future. At the end of the day I realized I may just opt for an 01 camaro instead. Because after all, corvettes have two types of drivers. Those with grey hair, and those with no hair. I don't fit the description.
Can't tell if serious...
Sponsored