Sponsored

clocking bushings on BMR min drop springs?

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I thought I read somewhere that clocking the bushings isn't really needed when lowering on BMR min drop springs. I didn't have the shop do it but I have to go back for an alignment check. Should I have them clock the bushings or will it even matter.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I read somewhere that clocking the bushings isn't really needed when lowering on BMR min drop springs. I didn't have the shop do it but I have to go back for an alignment check. Should I have them clock the bushings or will it even matter.
Always clock the bushings when lowering any amount. This is something you need to do on a 4 post/alignment rack anyway, as it requires the weight of the car on ground.

Snakes&horses

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby gt500 vert tungsten grey stripe delete black/red int.,2019 GT 400a PP1 A10 spoiler delete RR coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize if this has been asked before but I’m wondering at what point you clock the bushings. Right after/during the spring install or put some miles on the car first then clock. Or clock when your having an alignment done?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize if this has been asked before but I’m wondering at what point you clock the bushings. Right after/during the spring install or put some miles on the car first then clock. Or clock when your having an alignment done?
When you have the alignment done, but before anything is adjusted during the alignment. If you can do it right away after installing, that's better. Springs like BMR's don't settle.

Snakes&horses

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby gt500 vert tungsten grey stripe delete black/red int.,2019 GT 400a PP1 A10 spoiler delete RR coupe
Vehicle Showcase
When you have the alignment done, but before anything is adjusted during the alignment. If you can do it right away after installing, that's better. Springs like BMR's don't settle.
Great,thanks for the help clearing that up. Much appreciated!:like:

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I've just done a spring change that raises the car a small amount (change steeda progressives to dual rate). I plan on have the bushing clocked during the alignment. Not sure if it needs it. I do notice my back is off with a little poke on one side of the car. Hoping clocking helps clear that up

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've just done a spring change that raises the car a small amount (change steeda progressives to dual rate). I plan on have the bushing clocked during the alignment. Not sure if it needs it. I do notice my back is off with a little poke on one side of the car. Hoping clocking helps clear that up
It will not. You need the Steeda alignment bushings

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Already have them, along with bmr cradle
And it’s still off? I had that too but when I asked the shop he said he forgot to install the alignment bushings and said he thought the cradle lockout would center it anyways. It did not

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
yeah, i'm a little stumped..... it was better before i did the spring swap. trying to get that side of the cradle back in was a bitch. I hoping the camber is waaaay off to the positive.

OP
OP
choate

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could tell that by looking for the most part
Sponsored