Sponsored

"Click" or "pop" when releasing clutch

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
So, my clutch pedal is acting up....When I release my clutch it is not a smooth or consistent motion. At the point of engagement it feels like a click or pop. This makes it challenging to drive the car smoothly. I can also hear a click coming from the engine compartment as I release the clutch but I have been unable to locate the source of the noise.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Any luck resolving the issue? My warranty is up in 1500 miles and this issue is intermittent so I am hoping to track down this problem ASAP.

Full Disclosure: I have a Steeda clutch spring installed....

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Sponsored

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I think the pop your referring to might be the driveline bouncing around.
If you post a video, I can help you out better

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I take that back, its not your drivetrain.
Check the spring for the clutch pedal, may have came out of place.

OP
OP
reed034

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
That was my thought as well. Everything looked ok but I ordered a new spring and perch anyway. Hopefully, that will smooth out the pedal action.

The click is not coming from the pedal box. It is coming from under the car. I thought it may be the clutch plates coming together but this click sounds more like something is binding and releasing... Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the help.

Sponsored

Big P91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB P RR
I am having this exact issue and I am over the warranty by 2k miles. Did you end up getting this resolved? If so how?

Thanks!

OP
OP
reed034

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
I am having this exact issue and I am over the warranty by 2k miles. Did you end up getting this resolved? If so how?

Thanks!
Shoot... Hate to say it,It’s not an easy fix.

There are clips holding the spring on the pressure plate assembly. One of those clips came loose and they had to replace the whole assembly. They also replaced the clutch because it was wearing unevenly (not sure that is totally necessary). I’ll try to dig up the work order tomorrow.

Big P91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB P RR
Shoot... Hate to say it,It’s not an easy fix.

There are clips holding the spring on the pressure plate assembly. One of those clips came loose and they had to replace the whole assembly. They also replaced the clutch because it was wearing unevenly (not sure that is totally necessary). I’ll try to dig up the work order tomorrow.
Wow... I appreciate it. Im scheduled to take it in on Friday. Now im wondering if this is going to cost me a couple hundred or if I am going to venture into the thousand range. :( Thanks again for the help!

Big P91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB P RR
Thank you so much for posting that. I was looking at my warranty information and noticed that I am still covered under the powertrain portion. Hopefully this will be covered, but who knows.

Thanks again!!

OP
OP
reed034

reed034

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! My service adviser told me that he thought this would have been covered under the powertrain warranty.

Just FYI - my clutch felt much better after I had this service; I started to wonder if there was a problem since the car was new (even before the click). I sometimes had trouble pulling away from a stop light in a smooth manor before the service. After the service, the car is much easier to drive.

Best of luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: