Sponsored

Cleaning Carbon Fiber Wheels

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
If you have to dial it down that low, then it isn't worth doing. I've heard of people using steam, but again, you don't want to run the risk of delamination.
Dialing it down that low would only be when using the CR spotless water demineralizer, which is used as the final rinse to prevent water spotting due to hard water.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Sounds like the magic eraser is a good tool for it.
So I've read, Mark, I'll let y'all know..when I find the time to try one.

If you have to dial it down that low, then it isn't worth doing.
I did a poor job of explaining, Tom. I plan to use the pw just for stout rinsing, not stain removal..at first, and I'll start at 600psi while using the magic eraser. Once the initial cleaning is done, I'll test the unit on a stubborn spot and crank up the pressure a bit at a time to see if I can find the sweet spot that won't damage the coating but, does reduce or eliminate some or most of the stains.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Dialing it down that low would only be when using the CR spotless water demineralizer, which is used as the final rinse to prevent water spotting due to hard water.
Yep, I know the drill with the CRS unit well, D but out of precaution, I'm gonna start low and work up with the pressure on the wheels.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried mineral spirits?
That's a good suggestion, Brian but no, I didn't try MS the first time but I will certainly give it a shot. Kinda swamped with home and lawn-related chores at the moment but I'll get to the wheels Real Soon Now. Thanks for the idea.
Sponsored