Sponsored

Check your splitter install

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
When mine came off after the first week of getting delivered, I tried getting the dealer to replace it but they gave me BS reasons and said they wont replace it for free. I left it in the garage for a whole deployment, 6 months, and after I got back bought a new set. After installing the front splitter, I took it off to double check that the clips were actually good to go and found scratches from the screws. That's when I realized that the screws were never installed from the dealership from the get-go. This is the reason why that dealership and agent received a bad review from me. Not really a god first impression buying my first Ford/Shelby. Probably my last.
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
When mine came off after the first week of getting delivered, I tried getting the dealer to replace it but they gave me BS reasons and said they wont replace it for free. I left it in the garage for a whole deployment, 6 months, and after I got back bought a new set. After installing the front splitter, I took it off to double check that the clips were actually good to go and found scratches from the screws. That's when I realized that the screws were never installed from the dealership from the get-go. This is the reason why that dealership and agent received a bad review from me. Not really a god first impression buying my first Ford/Shelby. Probably my last.
Do you not like the car? I can’t imagine swearing off a car, let alone a whole car manufacturer over something as simple as this. I understand the frustration and not using that dealer again but the car itself is awesome and no dealer can take that away.

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I like the car, but the experience of purchasing it wasn't nearly as good as other dealers/brands. Of the two cars I've purchased last year and years before, this was the worst purchase. But the topic is front splitter, not bashing on Ford. So much for sharing...

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I like the car, but the experience of purchasing it wasn't nearly as good as other dealers/brands. Of the two cars I've purchased last year and years before, this was the worst purchase. But the topic is front splitter, not bashing on Ford. So much for sharing...
I hope it didn’t come off as me being condescending or an ass, It really wasn’t meant that way. I was just surprised that the splitter issue had you saying last Ford product so I was just wondering if there were more issues and you were unhappy with the car itself. I was lucky enough to know about the splitter issue and checked it before I ever drove the car and was also lucky enough that it was installed correctly.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I installed an R splitter on my current car and recently removed it to keep as a spare. I can say from experience, if you follow the video instructions and do your own installation, it will be held in place really well.... it was a bear to get off the car when I actually wanted it to come loose!!!

Sponsored

Estraben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red , Black stripes, Black Roof, Electronics package / 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport turbo AWD / 2006 BMW 330i
Thought I'd throw my experience in this thread. Bought my 2017 350 in February. Took it out on the highway for the first time 2 weeks ago. Got it above 70 mph and the started hearing a banging sound. Long story short, the splitter had detached and was hitting the ground. The four 45 degree screws had never been installed by the dealer. After finally getting through to a manager and sending him pictures they took full responsibility and agreed to replace it. Part has been ordered and waiting for it to come in. Had no hassle from dealer but the person who did the inspection on my car may have some issues.

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thought I'd throw my experience in this thread. Bought my 2017 350 in February. Took it out on the highway for the first time 2 weeks ago. Got it above 70 mph and the started hearing a banging sound. Long story short, the splitter had detached and was hitting the ground. The four 45 degree screws had never been installed by the dealer. After finally getting through to a manager and sending him pictures they took full responsibility and agreed to replace it. Part has been ordered and waiting for it to come in. Had no hassle from dealer but the person who did the inspection on my car may have some issues.
Same happened to me, and once i actually got the 45 Degree screws i realized that there were even more screws missing. There were like 8 screws and 4 j clips missing on my car.

Where in Indiana are you...i have not seen many of these cars around yet.

Slo55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16GT350Tech w/TracTran&Diff,FP Sprngs/SBs,DSC V3
Seems to be a common problem. I recently noticed that the leading edge of the splitter seemed to push down to easily. The 45 degree screws were missing and the ones on the side sections were either not the correct ones or missing (including the plastic D inserts) altogether. Sunnyvale Ford here in Calif. had done the factory recall on the oil hose which requires splitter removal. I am assuming they "garbaged" up the reinstallation. I got the attachment hardware and installed it correctly. It's worth a look to see if those pesky 45 degree screws are there. :doh:

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Same story here, except mine didn't come unseated (yours may have been improperly clipped as well).

But I was missing the 4 45* screws, several additional screws, and the 4 white half-moon clips. I didn't realize this until I removed the splitter to add a front tow hook. Pretty pissed off that the dealer likely threw away hardware that I then had to pay for.

Estraben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red , Black stripes, Black Roof, Electronics package / 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport turbo AWD / 2006 BMW 330i
Sorry I didn't reply jlauth had a family reunion on my wife's side going on. Live in NW Indiana around Crown Point.

Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Does this install look right?

picture.jpg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Seems excesssive. Should be up all the way and inner part and slots not visible. 45s in all the way?

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Does this install look right?

picture.jpg
Mine looks the same and I did the install myself making sure to follow the install video exactly. After two weeks of driving at speed the splitter is slightly lower on the driver side but nothing you can see unless you lay down and look at the splitter at eye level.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I'm struggling to get a decent pic of it. Not that I've really tried very hard. Just magnetic and black seem to blend together in dark lighting. I need to point some light directly at it to try and get a quality pic. So far it's holding. No lower that I can tell. I push on it and it feels secure.
Sponsored