ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Another thought.....

Just because the writers of the owners manual wanted to say it was maintenance free, doesn't mean that the department responsible for outsourcing production parts bought maintenance free batteries.
Hell, they even tell you not to operate the heated seat function if under the influence of alcohol.

Persons who are unable to feel pain
to the skin because of advanced age,
chronic illness, diabetes, spinal cord
injury, medication, alcohol use, exhaustion,
or other physical conditions, must exercise
care when using the seat heater. The seat
heater may cause burns even at low
temperatures, especially if used for long.....

But I guess it's OK to drive as long as the seat heaters are off. :lol:

That could explain all those Mustang Week and C&C crashes!
Sponsored

Fpsrubyred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 base gt ruby red
I had a battery malfunction about 2 months ago started up fine one morning couple hours later battery is dead jumped the car went to ford they tested the battery and stated one cell had a malfunction, relplaced under warranty for free.

Maybe off topic but thought I'd put it out there so if anyone else has problems.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ran in to this this week, car started to crank slower on startup, checked the battery and all 6 cells were dry, added distilled water. You don't expect to find anything but a maint free battery in todays cars but there they are. used a trickle charger overnite and presto I'm 100% again. Forgotten maint item from days past.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I ran in to this this week, car started to crank slower on startup, checked the battery and all 6 cells were dry, added distilled water. You don't expect to find anything but a maint free battery in todays cars but there they are. used a trickle charger overnite and presto I'm 100% again. Forgotten maint item from days past.
I dont know what the deal is.I thought that all batteries were sealed and maint. free for over 30 yrs. I have a '13 GT-500,'14 Juke and '15 Mustang GT.
I was very surprised to find they all are like batteries from a time warp.They all need to be checked and water added as necessary.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Heat got to my dashcam's small battery, and so the cam would not continue to record after parking my car. I installed a Power Magic Pro to alleviate this, but it also would not record very long. I checked the battery voltage when the engine was off, and it was only 11v. I called Ford service and was told this is normal.

So I put distilled water in the car battery - about 2" worth of a gallon jug!

The voltage has since come up, but still only around 12v when off. Now the cam records for a few hours.

Sponsored

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Heat got to my dashcam's small battery, and so the cam would not continue to record after parking my car. I installed a Power Magic Pro to alleviate this, but it also would not record very long. I checked the battery voltage when the engine was off, and it was only 11v. I called Ford service and was told this is normal.

So I put distilled water in the car battery - about 2" worth of a gallon jug!

The voltage has since come up, but still only around 12v when off. Now the cam records for a few hours.
I'm surprised your car even started with 11 V. how are you checking the voltage. I would be using a reliable meter at the batty. it should be about 12.7 v when sitting. Good luck.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
That's how I measured it.

I am waiting for a longer drive to see if it charges more, so that the resting voltage is higher. I wonder if this would be covered under warranty, but I doubt it. :shrug:

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
That's how I measured it.

I am waiting for a longer drive to see if it charges more, so that the resting voltage is higher. I wonder if this would be covered under warranty, but I doubt it. :shrug:
Start it up and check it running, should be over 14V. If so,I'd spring for a batty b/4 I got stranded somewhere.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Battery open circuit voltage vs temperature chart.

Just had to replace the battery in my 15. Batteries that come with the new vehicle don't have the same warranty as a purchased Ford battery. I'm convinced the batteries in a new purchase are made to a less quality standard than a motocraft battery purchased through parts.

The new battery has 3 year free replacement with 36-100 month prorated warranty.
Screenshot_20180508-152226_Chrome-486x999.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: