Sponsored

Cheap-o muffler delete

Blackbeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Anybody just get their mufflers cut off? I did that on my 2007 GT and it sounded great especially since the shop only charged me $150. This is just a temporary solution because my eventual goal is to get the quad tips but with mine not being the Premium model, I'll need to get a whole new rear bumper and so just to do away with the Toyota Camry style stock exhaust note, I'm just thinking of doing that. What ya'll think? Anybody here do it? I'll post a video of a before and after soon (hopefully get to the shop this week).

Thanks!
Sponsored

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Your 5.0 GT sounds like a Toyota Camry style stock exhaust note??

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
Not sure what a muffler delete would sound like with the resonator in place. I have an X-Pipe installed and tried mine with the mufflers cut off...sounded like garbage. But I did install some 3" Dynomax Race Bullets and I don't think I've heard anything that sounds better. At $25 a piece on Amazon, they sound wicked...if you like LOUD that is!

Put some headphones on:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I did it with my 2013 Gt for about $110. Not perfect but for the price nothing better.
Pro's
Louder and more agressive than stock
Sounds mean as hell
Cheap

Con
Drone
More expensive setups sound a lot better and can be louder if desired.

OP
OP
Blackbeauty

Blackbeauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Your 5.0 GT sounds like a Toyota Camry style stock exhaust note??
It's the quietest car I've owned. My tolerance however is probably higher because my 03 and 07 GT's had complete (headers and everything downstream) off-road style. Even my 02 V6 Camaro had slp loudmouths. Probably won't go to those setups again because it tends to be for "younger" people lol. Just want a tiny bit louder when I do my real quad tip conversion with a "real" setup.

Sponsored

RRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT A6
I paid 40 bucks to have my mufflers cut off the day after I got mine. Sounded better but still was too quiet. Installed an x-pipe and ran straight pipes for a while. Loved it but it was LOUD. Finally got an outlaw axle back. So all together I probably have around 500 bucks in mine and basically have an outlaw catback for about half the price. if you are going to do a quad tip later but tired of the quiet sound I say go ahead and chop the mufflers.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I took my car in to get a muffler delete done the morning after I purchased it. Can't beat it for the price, these cars are quiet as shit from the factory.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I paid 40 bucks to have my mufflers cut off the day after I got mine. Sounded better but still was too quiet. Installed an x-pipe and ran straight pipes for a while. Loved it but it was LOUD. Finally got an outlaw axle back. So all together I probably have around 500 bucks in mine and basically have an outlaw catback for about half the price. if you are going to do a quad tip later but tired of the quiet sound I say go ahead and chop the mufflers.
Straight piped must have been really loud. Muffler deletes are pretty loud but the suitcase resonantor does quite a bit of sound control. My rear mufflers are deleted but I have two Flowmaster mufflers mid mounted on mine and no resonator and it's pretty loud. Cost me about $350 total including welding everything up and new 4" tips and all. I'm changing it up though. Putting an X pipe on with 18" long case dynomax race bullets mid mounted. I most likely will be putting some 4-5" round straight through mufflers on the rear if I do headers or do any kind of catless setup.
Sponsored