Sponsored

chazcron's 2015 Mustang 3D renders and 'shops

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
I am REALLY liking those 20's. Looks to be an upodated version of the FR500. CHAZ, can you add to render?
The FR500 will not wear 20" wheels. The Original FR500's shipped with 18" BBS wheels and the new Boss 302R's and S's shipped with 18" Ford Racing Wheels made by I believe BBS. I'd have to chat with the guys at Rehagen again but I believe the only people running Ford's factory race cars with anything but 18" wheels are the guys running the 15" front brake rotors with the 6 piston Brembos and Bosch ABS units and even then, I think the BBS Ford Racing wheels fit over them.

The problem with 20" wheels on a race car is that even if you have the same weight as an 18" wheel that weight is a full inch further out which increases rotational inertia and saps acceleration and braking performance from the car. Sure the shorter sidewalls give you slightly better steering response but you have to keep in mind that they are not running a 27.3" tall tire like the factory cars are. I'd be shocked if they are anything but 25.6" or less.

As for the new car, they certainly look like 20" wheels. The Michelin PSS's spotted on that model (note the brake calipers) do come in several 295" sizes up to 21" wheel diameters but I think Ford is hampering themselves more than helping by upping wheel sizes... I know my own personal wish for wheel sizes was to make 19" wheels look like the 20" wheels on the current cars (ridiculous in my opinion), make 18" wheels look like 19" wheels on the current car and 17" wheels look like 18" wheels on the current car but I'm pretty sure that the wheel arches didn't get any smaller so it will be big wheels and tires to compensate...
Sponsored

HenvillGT

Threads
Reaction score
Has it been confirmed that the headlamps will be chrome as shown in the renders? Or will they have a black housing? I hope the black housing at least makes it as an option on the GT.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Has it been confirmed that the headlamps will be chrome as shown in the renders? Or will they have a black housing? I hope the black housing at least makes it as an option on the GT.
Just like the '10-'12 models...V6=Chrome, GT=Black Chrome

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Silver tail. Now with modeled back up lights.
I mentioned earlier about raising the bottom of the rear bumper like older mustangs. The portion of the car behind the rear wheel is higher than in front. I think it reduces the visual mass of the a** a bit. I posted a pic of a fox and sn95 to show what I mean.

This silver render of your is my fav thus far so I used it to do a quick chop of what I meant. I just raised the bottom crudely with clone stamp. I also pushed the rear wheel out a hair as they looked a bit tucked compared to the front. I wasn't trying to make the rear lights squished but that just the easy way in 2D without using the 3d model to scale the entire portion or altering the mesh.

Just my .02
FoxSide-view.jpg
Cobraangle.jpg
RearSilver.jpg
RearSilveralt.jpg

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I don't think you'll be happy. The taillights will probably be narrower than mine, but not as narrow as yours. the bottom wont come up like that, it dips as it does to make the coke bottle shape from the side. I do know from spy pix that the rear end (bottom valance/ exhaust goes exactly where I have it.

Sponsored

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I don't think you'll be happy. The taillights will probably be narrower than mine, but not as narrow as yours. the bottom wont come up like that, it dips as it does to make the coke bottle shape from the side. I do know from spy pix that the rear end (bottom valance/ exhaust goes exactly where I have it.
Dang that was a quick reply lol. Thanks. I am sure I will be happy either way. It was just my thought to raise it kinda like the foxbody and older mustangs. And like I said the squished lights weren't the point of the chop, just a side effect of raising the bottom with clone stamp.

Either way your silver is still my fav render of yours this far. Keep up the great work and thank your for all the effort :)

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
Silver one looks awesome, hope it's close to the real McCoy. I love Mustangs, but also I'm a two time BMW 3 series coupe owner who loves that tight, European look to a sleek sporty body. Similar to a sleek fitting Italian suit or dress shirt for us guys. Appreciate all the effort, tremendous job!!

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
CAD...

...most cars you see on commericals and in brochures are CAD. They've come a long way.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
...most cars you see on commericals and in brochures are CAD. They've come a long way.

Great video, impressive app. I wish my program made changes that easy. I do work in splines, but changes in part line creases are not nearly as easy as they are in Autodesk. I'm wasting so much of my time fixing all the angles after I make changes. I've ended up using displacement deformation for most of my part lines now. And they look horrible when you get close. Their real time shading looks better than my final renders, too.

Sigh.

Sponsored
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Body in white

Here's a new video, a sort of flyby. Sorry about the door gap.

Mriley

Here's a new video, a sort of flyby. Sorry about the door gap.
Cool video. you really get a sense for how sharp those character lines are on the side, that you can't really see from the renders. They really protrude huh? Same with the hips.

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I replaced the first video with a sharper one. Maybe clear your browser cache?

Sponsored