BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting.

It seems like roll-over would still be a concern.
That would be true with any harness though. The Pro version is HANS compatible, so you could run it with that and a cage.

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My research led me to believe that the 4pt and nothing else would be ok as long as you were driving 6/10-8/10ths. You have to consider that the airbags might not work the way they are supposed to (which is a risk with helmets anyways) and that you might get more energy passed to your neck (the reason why HANS exists). Do check with your club though as there might be specific rules related to this modification. My club does.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That would be true with any harness though.
That's true, but with a 6pt harness you need a roll cage, so you have that protecting you. With 4pt harness you're strapped in there tight but have no rollcage protecting you in case of a rollover.

I'm just trying to poke some holes in this idea, because this seems like a very good value and I'm trying to find reasons why I shouldn't get it :D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's true, but with a 6pt harness you need a roll cage, so you have that protecting you. With 4pt harness you're strapped in there tight but have no rollcage protecting you in case of a rollover.

I'm just trying to poke some holes in this idea, because this seems like a very good value and I'm trying to find reasons why I shouldn't get it :D
I think if you are a serious track guy, you're either doing a full 6 pt and cage or you do the Pro version and HANS. I mainly want them for autocross so I'm not flying around.

Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Isn't using 4 point harness putting you at a greater risk due to "submarining" in case of a crash? Also in case of a roll-over you'd be in a bad situation if the roof collapses since you can't lean to the side and have no roll bar to protect you.
Having been in a rollover, technically a vault I guess seeing as I launched airborne when the right front wheel impacted and landed on the side facing the opposite direction, there will be no leaning to avoid a roof collapse during a crash. Your body is going to be going wherever the laws of physics dictate.

F0J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
François
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Having been in a rollover, technically a vault I guess seeing as I launched airborne when the right front wheel impacted and landed on the side facing the opposite direction, there will be no leaning to avoid a roof collapse during a crash. Your body is going to be going wherever the laws of physics dictate.
The 3pt seatbelt has more slack so it allows more movement than the 4pt Schroth.
Sponsored