Sponsored

Ceratec - less blow by?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I empty my JLT oil separator about every 1,000 miles. On my last oil change I added ceratec because of the typewriter tick.

I just emptied my can a little later than I usually do and I had about 1/2 the volume of oil that I normally do. This despite the later change and harder than normal driving since I recently got an E85 tune and have been testing it out and running logs. The oil was thewas the same.

Coincidence or could the ceratec be reducing blow by?

I don't want to be making any claims that it is. People on here get angry enough about using additives.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying ceratec for the first time now with 69k miles, on a fresh change with PUP 5W20. Only had about 200 miles on it yet. Definitely no negatives. Engine sounds a little healthier but no real tangible/measurable changes yet.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Well, I was legit shocked when I dumped the can. I went a little further and pushed up to the red line plenty of times. I was expecting at least the usual amount in the can.

I don't want to create an internet myth here. I'm just curious.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I haven't put enough miles on my car with Ceratec in it yet to say - only a couple hundred. I can say my catch can didn't have very much in it from the first 1000 miles of driving it though. If it varies in a big way I'll post back.
Sponsored