Ceramic Pro for Real?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Had a good friend do mine for about $300. I like it, IF I didn't have that friend I would prefer Xpel.

I did Xpel on the nose. It's obviously much better for protection, but did nothing for ease of cleaning and shine.

Once I covered the Xpel with Cquartz I can wash bugs off with a garden hose and it really shines a lot better.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
great info and appreciate the pics.

how far up the front clip did you have XPEL applied? that is really something i want done but it is not cheap. stopping 18" or so up the hood line and down the fenders means you can likely see that ending edge. not sure how i feel about it.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
The gratuitous boob shot is appreciated.
Gratuitous indeed Patrick !! Wow that does make the car..."Pop" :cheers: All in fun Bro! I'm excited about getting mine finished. Wet sanded ( yes wet sanded and zero burn thru!! ) and about 95% buffed out last year...just waiting for better and warmer weather to final buff.. NOTE...I DID NOT WET SAND THE BOTTOM ABOUT 1/3 of CAR... just polished it.

Patrick.. I picked up some Menzurna 3800 you mentioned last year. I have used it in some places already and love the finish you get. Light foggy areas disappear. Now, having said that....I have 3 or 4 very minor rock chips that I can see....at the 3ft away mark...but it is a driver. My main goal is the car will pop going down the street and ultimately be much easier to keep clean. I have a heated garage so it is not in the elements.
image.jpg

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
great info and appreciate the pics.

how far up the front clip did you have XPEL applied? that is really something i want done but it is not cheap. stopping 18" or so up the hood line and down the fenders means you can likely see that ending edge. not sure how i feel about it.
I did the partial, the seem is actually in both pics of the front of the car. You can see it if you look from the back of the car to the front.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
coatings are soo damn easy to put on .. i did c quartz uk to mine the same week i brought her home . told the dealer not to touch the car before i picked it up .. so i needed no paint correction at all . every few months i hit it with a reload spray..best thing i ever did was put the coating on.

hood right after the coating and a side shot
20160514_174916 (2).jpg
20161226_123039 (2).jpg

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
proper prep is key.

last week i took Tuesday off to knock out a detail and CQuarts. Legit detail; wash, iron x, rinse, clay, rinse, polish and......damn it took so long i did not do the ceramic coating. i knew it would take time and patience. so i slapped on some Jet Seal and called it day.

do not put the coating over imperfect paint!

how long did it take you guys to apply the ceramic coating and any tips?
It took me an entire Saturday... started with a wash, clay bar, Iron X (which didn't seem to do anything... I guess that's good), then polished everything with my DA and compound, used the coating prep polish (which removes and remnants of the polishing compound), and then applied the C-Quartz and a layer of Reload over it. I also have XPEL on the front hood and fenders, so didn't have to do that part. I did remove my stripes a few days before, because they'd been on for 2 years anyway and I didn't want to C-Quartz around them.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It took me an entire Saturday... started with a wash, clay bar, Iron X (which didn't seem to do anything... I guess that's good), then polished everything with my DA and compound, used the coating prep polish (which removes and remnants of the polishing compound), and then applied the C-Quartz and a layer of Reload over it. I also have XPEL on the front hood and fenders, so didn't have to do that part. I did remove my stripes a few days before, because they'd been on for 2 years anyway and I didn't want to C-Quartz around them.
Why wouldn't you coat the Xpel?

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Why wouldn't you coat the Xpel?
I don't suppose it would hurt anything... but not sure it would help much either. I don't know if the C-Quartz would actually stick to the XPEL... and I didn't want to find out on my car.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don't suppose it would hurt anything... but not sure it would help much either. I don't know if the C-Quartz would actually stick to the XPEL... and I didn't want to find out on my car.
Works great, brought up the shine and made cleaning bugs off way easier.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Has anyone actually done their wheels as well?? I've heard brake dust just hoses off!! No staining!! Let us know. Thanx :cheers:

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone actually done their wheels as well?? I've heard brake dust just hoses off!! No staining!! Let us know. Thanx :cheers:
I just picked up some Dlux for my wheels and trim, so I'll let you know.

Loud 5.0

Loud 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I use CQ Quartz. Its been a year and a half now since i applied it and its just getting to the point where i need to strip it and re-do it. It has worked fantastically thus far.
Sponsored