Sponsored

Central console compartment bulb replacement

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Has anybody changed this bulb? I want to replace it with a led as well, but I don't see how to do it either in the manual or in the forums. Is it a W5W? It's not even mentioned this in the owner manual.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
It's already an LED, but not a replaceable one from what I've seen.

OP
OP
Sauron_EH

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Are you sure? It looks too yellow to be a led, doesn't?

Tobyboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 magnetic GT PP
LEDs come In all shapes and colors. I'll see if I can get a picture of it here shortly.

Sponsored

dw8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Sub'ing for an answer.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Has anyone been able to replace this bulb /board?.. Found this bit of info...
....... I popped it out by accident when I first got my car; it looked like a printed circuit board in the bulb housing, possibly with one or two smd LEDs soldered on. Definitely not an incandescent bulb I can tell you that.
And this.....
........It turns out that this bulb is mounted on a tiny circuit board, to which the electrical wiring is soldered. The lens, bulb, and circuit board appear to be all one hardwired unit. Don't bother trying to remove it unless you want to spend hours of frustration trying to get it back in. :frusty:

I found out the hard way that this lighting unit cannot be removed from the front (into the armrest compartment). It is installed/removed from behind the rear wall of the armrest compartment. As I tried to squeeze the tabs on the top and bottom of the lens (thinking the lens would come off to reveal the bulb), the whole unit fell into the recess behind the rear wall. I had a bitch of a time trying to get it back into place. It finally dawned on me that I needed to remove the back trim panel of the center console.......
Here you can see the aforementioned circuit board.
It is attached to the center console locking mechanism harness.
upload_2020-9-1_12-51-28.jpeg

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I accidentally popped the lens out and for the life of me can't get it back in. I gave up on it for now after taking most of the center console apart. It's fine where it is.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I accidentally popped the lens out and for the life of me can't get it back in. I gave up on it for now after taking most of the center console apart. It's fine where it is.
Mine was hard to pop out. It locked back in place. It is def an LED but yellow. Looking to see how to replace either the board or just the LEDs
Sponsored