Center Dash Not Aligned

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
2023 Mustang GT, California Special, 11 months old.
When I was cleaning the inside of my car, I noticed that the center dashboard was not aligned. One side stuck out further than the other. I took it to the dealership and they said the retaining clips wore out. They replaced them, but it is still not aligned. See the photo.
The dealership thinks that the part that sticks out is warped and defective from the factory. When they looked the part up, they said FORD does not make it separately. I would have to have the whole dash and trim replaced, which would take 3 days. I declined it.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm having a hard time believing that FORD or an aftermarket company does not make a replacement part.

Center Dash.jpg
Sponsored

cobruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Abhay
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 (current), 20 GT, 19 Ecoboost (SOLD)
Honestly, if it's covered under warranty, get the whole thing replaced. Why not?

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, if it's covered under warranty, get the whole thing replaced. Why not?
I'm just very hesitant on a dealership tearing apart my whole dashboard for one part that is not aligned. I'm almost 100% confident something else will go wrong when they put it back together.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Either you live with it looking janky every time you glance at it or you utilize your warranty and have it all replaced and fixed.

MX915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500, 2022 Mustang GT Premium
FWIW that piece is definitely sold as a separate part for other model trims. I bought the OEM carbon fiber version for my GT500 and I know that there is a separate part number for just that piece offered for other variants like the Mach 1.

Try putting your VIN into the ford parts website and looking under "Body" then "Instrument Panel". You should be able to view the part number from there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
FWIW that piece is definitely sold as a separate part for other model trims. I bought the OEM carbon fiber version for my GT500 and I know that there is a separate part number for just that piece offered for other variants like the Mach 1.

Try putting your VIN into the ford parts website and looking under "Body" then "Instrument Panel". You should be able to view the part number from there.
Thanks for your help. I was able to find the diagram and the part, but I don't know what the part # is. See attached for the circled part that I would need to order.

Instrument Panel.jpg

MX915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500, 2022 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for your help. I was able to find the diagram and the part, but I don't know what the part # is. See attached for the circled part that I would need to order.

Instrument Panel.jpg
If you pan that image up, in the top left corner you should see a "legend" per se of sub assemblies that come with more than one part number. For instance, in the above, anything with a green square next to it comes with that assembly. The legend will typically give you 5 digits of the main part number.

So in your case, look up the digits next to "%" in the legend and then scroll through the part numbers at the bottom until you see one that has the 5 digits in a row.

But even if you dont see it, this shows that its a separate part. You dealer parts department should be able to pull the exact data from your VIN and find the correct cooresponding part number.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Its the trim clip, behind the plastic, did you try push on it to see if it clicks in? potentially the trim clip may have not been pushed in from factory, or the trim clips popped off from behind. They look like this.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 4.31.40 PM.png

OP
OP

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Its the trim clip, behind the plastic, did you try push on it to see if it clicks in? potentially the trim clip may have not been pushed in from factory, or the trim clips popped off from behind. They look like this.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 4.31.40 PM.png
The dealership replaced all the clips. It's the plastic piece that is bowed out. I still have to research what part # it is. The dealership said they don't sell it separately; you have to buy the whole thing.
Sponsored