OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Update so right after 50 miles of driving in the summer tune the problem came back went to the winter tune and same thing happen after the winter tune was installed. The CEL comes back and foward but Torrie advice that it might be a vacuum leak or exhaust leak and that explains the Air to fuel ratio going bananas. My mechanic performed a leak test and we found that the downpipe was smoking and the gasket was getting burned. Any suggestions on what gasket i should put on a ATP Off-road Downpipe becuz when i bought it i did not receive anything.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Maybe because you used the stock gasket and from the description above, maybe there isn't supposed to be a gasket?

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
When i purchase the product it never came with a gasket and idk if it even had the fire ring to begin with. When i got it installed at a muffler shop they provided a gasket for me due to the donut gasket not being the proper one for the downpipe

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I have the ATP clone from ebay. It is supposed to come with a very thin gasket (fire ring). Are you sure it didn't come with one? If it was in the flange already it was probably not noticeable because of how small it is. I would probably reach out to ATP to see if they'll sell you one. I've looked on their website and I don't see one listed for sale separately from the downpipe.

Edit: Nevermind, I just found it on their website. This should fix your problem:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...de=TP&Product_Code=ATP-M23-014&Category_Code=

Sponsored

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Ima have to check the downpipe but i wonder if thats the only gasket ima need to connect it to the turbo or if i need an additional gasket?

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
Ima have to check the downpipe but i wonder if thats the only gasket ima need to connect it to the turbo or if i need an additional gasket?
It's the only one you should need - that's how I have mine installed.

ATP-M23-0012015Mustang23LEcoBoostATPOff-RoadDownpipe(Standard)05.jpg

That ring just goes into the gap in the flange, and then you put the downpipe over the studs on the turbo and tighten it down. Make sure it's on pretty tight, and both sides are evenly tightened. On mine I originally had the left side not tightened down enough, and had a very small leak.

OP
OP
Djmike408

Djmike408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Ohh ok yea becuz between the turbo and the downpipe the muffler shop added another thin gasket then connected them both. Ima have to check if i have the fire ring if not ima have to order it. Hopefully that fixes my problem.
Sponsored