catch can issue-my fault

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So this morning I disconnected my UPR PnP CC, emptied it, and reconnected it. I thought. Drove to sisters, to store, car wash, then home. Left an hr later to go out to eat and on way to restraunt, my check engine light comes on and the engine sounds loud and bad. Im like WTF? I pop the hood and the return hose (from cc back to engine) is not connected at the cc. Holy Shit! I reconnected it, pulled on it to check it was fully connected, closed hood, and started the car. It sounded quiet but the check engine light was still on. After I eat, I'll see if the check light goes off and if not, I can clear the code with my SCT but I'm concerned I may have caused any damage. Thoughts? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
not sure on how the full can is routed but shouldnt be anything horrible. check to see if there are any oil splatters around the disconnection. could just be getting small amount of unfiltered air and ecu correction. either way pull the code to double check

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The code will probably come up as a vacuum leak, no big deal. Just clear it.

OP
OP
murphy

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The check light went off after about 1 minute, engine is quiet, and car runs fine. Such a dumbass.
Sponsored