Sponsored

Catback vs Catback w/ Headers

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
I really like how the ford racing catback sounds. I am looking for power just as any other and want to throw on some longtubes. I really wanna keep that original sound. I dont like how the sound is in that second link below(maybe it was because it was super cold??). The first link's sound sounds strong and beefy. I also like the borla s-type.

QUESTION 1 - Will headers actually dramatically change sound?
Ford Racing Sport Catback:
[ame]

Same catback with headers
[ame]

Borla s-type
[ame]

QUESTION 2 - was looking around and there is a touring model by borla and ford racing that has a MILDER tone. If I throw headers on that with that level things out?
Thanks
Sponsored

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
Most of my experience with headers is limited to inline 6 cylinders (M3's) but every one of them a change in volume, tone, and sound quality with the addition of headers. Headers change either the path length, tube diameter, or both which effects exhaust gas speed and pulse widths, both of those things effect sound.

On smaller displacement, higher compression motors you may get more volume but on a larger motor like the 5.0 I'm guessing tone will go down and it might sound "lopier" than before, is that a word, lopier? lol