Sponsored

Cat-back exhaust

DaveDesep85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ecoboast convertible
Thinking about replacing the factory cat-back exhaust. Have heard several ecoboost mustangs with aftermarket exhausts that sounded pretty good but was not able to talk to the owners to see what exhaust they had. Looking for anyone with first hand experience with any of the aftermarket exhausts. Not looking for anything overly loud but not as quiet as the factory setup.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My car has the Borla Atak catback exhaust on it, came like that when I bought it used. Don't love the startup sound - especially compared to my previous V6 - but the rest is alright.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Been very happy with the Cobb V2 with custom tune.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I have the MBRP race system on mine and like its deep tone. It does have a bit of loud cold start but not enough to disturb the neighbors. There is a bit of drone at 2k rpm at light throttle but not enough to bother me. I like it much better than the stock systems wimpy sound.

BD

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Thinking about replacing the factory cat-back exhaust.
Just a head's up, the vendors may say that the cat back does not fit the convertible because of some added bracing we have. Parker Performance sells aluminum spacers that may fix the problem. I talked to Cobb because their cat back was on sale and the guy I talked to said the hangers were wrong, so I don't know if the spacers would have helped. Other vendors have said the bracing needs to be removed, but I think the Parker spacers take care of that. Hopefully a 'vert owner who actually has done it will chime in.

Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I installed the Ford Performance by Borla touring exhaust on my Ecoboost. People have told me that they like the deeper exhaust tone. It's a bit louder but not obnoxiously loud and is 50 state legal.

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Running Roush mufflers with resonator delete. Sounds great, not super loud and has a deeper tone
Sponsored