Sponsored

Carbon fiber vinyls for the center console area?

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Hi all,

I noticed the center console area (from shift knob to arm rest area) is a hard plastic. It seemed to be a good spot for scratches. Does anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber vinyls for just that area or even better a leather option? I find those area to be my arm rest area in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears so... I'd like it to look like the below pic but that was like $400 :(

Thanks!

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I think vinyl (at least the self adhesive stuff you're probably talking about) would have a tough time sticking to that type of plastic. Wrapping it in any sort of leather or any other thing like that would also be fairly difficult as the material has to be relatively thin.

If you want that carbon fiber look, look around your area for a shop that does hydrographics. Will probably be a lot cheaper going that route.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I had mine done as well ..very durable
20160904_181314-1600x1200.jpg

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
We offer a hydro dipped one. That console plastic is not easy to work with as it is very rough, so any type of wrapping vinyl would most likely not stick very well and any type of upholstery in any type of leather would most likely be more costly than a hydro-dipped console.

Our hydro dipped version gets filled and smoothed out before we can dip it for the desired finish. It can be considered pricey, but there is an involved process to get it finished correctly and so that it will last. I have had my car done for two years and it still looks great. Lots of compliments.

http://www.makperformance.com/2015-2017-Mustang-GTV6Eco-Carbon-Fiber-Center-Console_p_410.html

Sponsored

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
does hydrodipping have any texture? how closely does it match real carbon fiber?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
does hydrodipping have any texture? how closely does it match real carbon fiber?
Its is clear coated so its smooth, its pretty close but if you put both side by side a good eye will tell you which is which. At least with out hydro-dipping, some of the lower end hydro-dipping is world's different. That is where we say that the prep and finish makes all the difference.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Hi all,

I noticed the center console area (from shift knob to arm rest area) is a hard plastic. It seemed to be a good spot for scratches. Does anyone know where I can get a carbon fiber vinyls for just that area or even better a leather option? I find those area to be my arm rest area in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gears so... I'd like it to look like the below pic but that was like $400 :(

Thanks!

DSC_1175%20(Medium).jpg
$400 is way to much for the center console cover ...a good hi end shop will charge about that for all the inside parts I have done.
Sponsored