Sponsored

Car swerves at times

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the actual alignment numbers?
this. Need actual number(esp front toe). The dealer saying “don’t worry about it” isn’t enough. Asking a good alignment shop to dial a little front toe-in may be needed.

pics of the tire tread too. When tires get worn, and harder from age they will follow the grooves in the pavement more easily.
Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Check you tire pressures and make sure they are close to the same amounts. Look in the door to get your recommended tire pressure(s). Usually an alignment will track you one way. But if you have an issue where you are going both right and left, it seems like it is a slightly bigger issue. I agree with the above statements, did you get a printout? Could be a toe issue with you alignment.

Whats your tread like on the tires? Take a penny put it between the grooves of the treads, if you can see the top of Abe's head, you need tires (the old method), or take a look at your tires and there should be wear indicators (slightly raised rubber in the water grooves of the tires) and if the tread is even, you need new tires. Take the tires off, and on a level surface, roll the tires lightly. If they fall over rather easily you could have internal cord issues or as simple as need a rebalance the tire(s).

OP
OP

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Thank you to everyone that has replied. I've been working alot, which is why my replies are sporadic.

I am getting an oil change and tire rotation done next week. I will set up an alignment appointment with either Pep Boys or Firestone for next week as well. Oncr I have the sheets I'll update the thread.

Checked the tread, not even close to a issue yet thankfully. Goal was to stick with stock tires until March, tread seems par for the course.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
If you are fighting the car on the highway, I do not feel that is tramlining. When I first got the car and it got into grooves and said "hey, let's go this way" I was like WTF. Then I figured out the term tramlining. First car I ever had that did this, but these are meaty arse tires too.
I think its tramlining too. Same issue I have had to get used to being my first sports car. The wide tires cause movement in steering because the grooves of the street are too small. Yoo will not feel that on a newly laid road. Most cars have 7-8 inchs of rubber hitting the pavement. I have 11 inches, so the tire responds while trying to fit grooves that are too small on both sides. As it is trying to fit in those groves, it is moving the steering wheel all over the place. It is annoying, but that is what we bought and putting slimmer tires on my car is not an option for me. Ride outside the grooves so there is no tramlining.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
could be toe settings, I was having some extreme tramlining with 295s up front but adjusted the toe and it seems fine now.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Learn to drive. 🙄
Sponsored