Sponsored

Car not moving within first second

geeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blackie
Hi,

I have an AT Mustang, and everytime I shift the gear to D, the car won't move even I push the gas pedal until after about 1 second.

I used to drive a Chevy Malibu and I hadn't noticed this before, but with this Mustang it's quite noticeable.

I only know some basics abour torque converter, and my question is: Is this normal with every one or something wrong with my torque converter?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I get the same thing in my Auto. I usually just let it ease itself into gear and go... no sense in rushing it :)

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
my buddy as a AT and his does the same thing.

OP
OP

geeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blackie
Do you guys have the same experience with other cars? I can barely remember.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Do you guys have the same experience with other cars? I can barely remember.
It could be like that on purpose from Ford to not shock the internals on reverse to drive shifts. Most likely to help out with warranty issues down the road.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Hi,

I have an AT Mustang, and everytime I shift the gear to D, the car won't move even I push the gas pedal until after about 1 second.

I used to drive a Chevy Malibu and I hadn't noticed this before, but with this Mustang it's quite noticeable.

I only know some basics abour torque converter, and my question is: Is this normal with every one or something wrong with my torque converter?

Thanks,
Nothing but a minor inconvenience.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hi,

Thanks,
I don't have the issue your describing. What do you have to lose by having it checked out? Most likely the service department will tell you it's fine and you'll have piece of mind. But at least it'll be noted in the off chance there is an issue down the road.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It really feels like to me that when you switch it to D it's trying to engage 2nd gear instead of 1st.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
I drive a lot of cars at work (valet) and I've noticed this really bad on all the automatic fords. Fusion and explorer/expedition are really bad. But Mustangs are bad too. I notice a slight delay in some other cars like Kia/hyundai, but nothing as bad as the fords. It's very annoying!
Sponsored