Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Looking for rec for best car duster.

Pollen season up there, too? Down here just south of Jacksonville, there are miles of pine tree farms. The pine pollen is horrible right now.

I used a california duster just the other day and it worked great on it.

OP
OP
texag70

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
Pollen season up there, too? Down here just south of Jacksonville, there are miles of pine tree farms. The pine pollen is horrible right now.

I used a california duster just the other day and it worked great on it.
Just starting here in South Georgia with the pine pollen. Don't know how the stuff gets in my closed garage.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I just ordered the California dusters, one for exterior, one for wheels on, one for interior, and a microfiber towel. Magnetic is a dust magnet and it's also my first dark color car.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
ill rather spray the car with a detail spray and use a clean soft microfiber towel to dust it off and give it some shine

OP
OP
texag70

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
ill rather spray the car with a detail spray and use a clean soft microfiber towel to dust it off and give it some shine
That's what I've done and I still get a fine line of dust right at the end of each wipe. That said, it's not hard to spray that lightly and get it completely off with the micro towel.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I prefer to get the dust off before using detailing spray. I had my detailer clay bar and wax my Pony yesterday and a few hours later it was covered with pollen and the duster will be a lot easier.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
texag70

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
I've used California dusters. Seem to work just fine.
Just got the Calif duster along with the smaller dash duster. Both work well. After I first used the car duster I noticed some streaks on my hood. I used a micro towel and they wiped right off. Then I read the duster info and it says this may happen as the duster is preloaded with a small amount of paraffin. Says it will wear off after a few uses. Glad I read that cause I couldn't figure out where these small streaks were coming from.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Just got the Calif duster along with the smaller dash duster. Both work well. After I first used the car duster I noticed some streaks on my hood. I used a micro towel and they wiped right off. Then I read the duster info and it says this may happen as the duster is preloaded with a small amount of paraffin. Says it will wear off after a few uses. Glad I read that cause I couldn't figure out where these small streaks were coming from.
Yes, that surprises a lot of people who do not read the card attached and just pull it out and wipe. I believe many have ended up in the trash because of this, but it does stop happening after a few uses. Just don't wash it with hot water or you'll remove the paraffin and it won't work very well.
Sponsored