Car dies after 4th gear pull

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Did a 4th gear pull for Lund (procharger) and the cars dies as i am slowing down to make a uturn for another hit. Got a smell in the car that I am guessing was the clutch. I could smell inside the car and standing outside. I could not smell anything from the engine bay. Checked hoses and belts and all seemed ok. Once the car cut off it would try and restart but no go. Ended up having it towed.

I happened to have an RXT at the house purchased about a month because I suspected the clutch was dying after 7 track days this year.

Could the clutch be the reason for the car not firing? Tow truck guy suspects a fuel issue based on the strong smell from the exhaust when trying to start car.

Fortunately, datalogging was on and Lund can rule out some things
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Are there any codes you found scanning with the NGauge?

4to8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 A6
Could be a coupler came off. I would double check between the maf and tb.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Could be a coupler came off. I would double check between the maf and tb.
Definitely, this happened to me. I thought the motor was done, but the coupler came off the maf housing under the air intake.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that sux , i'd upgrade the clutch line, and put a new slave in when you install the new clutch and dont forget to do a crank re-learn! you'll be back on the road in no time!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I dont think the clutch would give u a no start issue,mine was slipping bad and i never had a no start issue.Check for codes and all your blower piping.

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
That is exactly what it was. Looked ok in the dark - When i looked at it through the grill at night, it looked like it was on. This morning I went to where I had the car towed and in the daylight it was clear as day.

Thanks guys

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Wow that sux , i'd upgrade the clutch line, and put a new slave in when you install the new clutch and dont forget to do a crank re-learn! you'll be back on the road in no time!
Please expand.. what is a Crank re-learn?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I was going to ask the same.

Glad it was nothing OP.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Crank relearn needs to be done with a scan tool or some tuning devices do it also.Lets the ecm learn the location top dead center of number 1 piston,via the crank sensor and a wheel mounted to the crank.Does not always have to be done when replacing flywheel/clutch.Just did mine and did not have to do a relearn.If u do have to u will most likely get a cel and then u can do a relearn which takes all off about 5 minutes.

Sponsored

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
That is exactly what it was. Looked ok in the dark - When i looked at it through the grill at night, it looked like it was on. This morning I went to where I had the car towed and in the daylight it was clear as day.

Thanks guys
Same thing happened to me. I went wot and jumped off the gas and it popped off the passenger side intercooler hose, but at the time I didn't know what happenend. Car threw about 9 different codes and wouldn't idle. I put the hose back on, cleared the codes and it was fine. You think they would have a slightly better way to connect the piping more securely. Something with a flange, etc.

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Same thing happened to me. I went wot and jumped off the gas and it popped off the passenger side intercooler hose, but at the time I didn't know what happenend. Car threw about 9 different codes and wouldn't idle. I put the hose back on, cleared the codes and it was fine. You think they would have a slightly better way to connect the piping more securely. Something with a flange, etc.
I went to the shop where I had the car towed to check for codes as recommended by Shawn (roh92cp). I didn't have any codes, then I was suspecting the vacuum hose to the surge valve, the only one I cant openly see. Looked through the grill again to check the intercooler hoses and could clearly see it. The intercooler end looks like a bracket in night light

I have had the new clutch, flywheel, line etc. sitting for 2 months, with plans to install in the spring. Since car was towed to a shop, might as well have them install. Glad it was something simple

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I went to the shop where I had the car towed to check for codes as recommended by Shawn (roh92cp). I didn't have any codes, then I was suspecting the vacuum hose to the surge valve, the only one I cant openly see. Looked through the grill again to check the intercooler hoses and could clearly see it. The intercooler end looks like a bracket in night light

I have had the new clutch, flywheel, line etc. sitting for 2 months, with plans to install in the spring. Since car was towed to a shop, might as well have them install. Glad it was something simple
Glad it was simple for you:thumbsup:
Sponsored