Canadian Shelby GT350

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Have you guys heard anything about Canadian dealerships getting allocations for Shelby's ?

Don't know if true or not, but it seems all Ford delaerships will be able to get Shelby's , not just SVT authorized dealers.

I'm guessing allocations will be based on Mustang sales volume.

I'll probably be parting with my 2011GT this spring. It's got only 2300 miles.
Sponsored

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Have you guys heard anything about Canadian dealerships getting allocations for Shelby's ?

Don't know if true or not, but it seems all Ford delaerships will be able to get Shelby's , not just SVT authorized dealers.

I'm guessing allocations will be based on Mustang sales volume.

I'll probably be parting with my 2011GT this spring. It's got only 2300 miles.
ONLY SVT dealers will get allocation for the GT350, not sure exactly how its gonna work yet, but that is confirmed. If you are looking for a Ford GT than ALL dealers will have allocation for those :)

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
my local dealer also said SVT dealers only, but of course i'll say nothing is definite until the car actually goes up for sale. according to the salesperson i spoke to there is this one customer who is a known collector that put down a $5k deposit saying he wanted the first canadian one off the assembly line, even though they told him ford had no ordering system in place yet.

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hum, interesting to see how this will play out with dealerships.

Funny i was mentionned this by an SVT dealership.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
what does it take for a dealer to be part of SVT? i would assume they've invested in something in order to have exclusivity in being the only few who can sell SVT products and vehicles?

i don't follow trucks well... is the raptor also SVT? is that an SVT dealer-only thing or can anyone sell it?

(btw montreal_ponies i don't follow the canadiens, but your avatar is very distracting lol)

Sponsored

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
what does it take for a dealer to be part of SVT? i would assume they've invested in something in order to have exclusivity in being the only few who can sell SVT products and vehicles?

i don't follow trucks well... is the raptor also SVT? is that an SVT dealer-only thing or can anyone sell it?

(btw montreal_ponies i don't follow the canadiens, but your avatar is very distracting lol)

A dealer has to "buy in" to become an SVT dealer, the techs need certain training and certain equipment in the shop etc.

The current GT500 is an SVT product and can only be sold "NEW" from an SVT authorized dealer, I don't see the new GT350 having and exemption as it wouldn't really be "fair" to the dealers that opted in for the "SVT status".

The raptor is the only SVT product that I know of that can be sold at any Ford dealership I honestly don't know why that has an exception but it does, I used to work for Ford and I don't believe anything has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
montreal ponies

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
thumper;458947 (btw montreal_ponies i don't follow the canadiens said: