Sponsored

can MyTouch Screen be turned off? '16

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
I test drove a 2016 PP this afternoon. One thing I could not figure out while i was driving and the salesman didn't know was, can the center stack display screen be turned off? I was able to dim it but not turn it off. Id actually like it off most of the time, and not have to turn it off every time i get in and start.
Are these scenarios possible with the premium? Its something simple but it may annoy the hell out of me if i can't turn it off (which I'd want most of the time... go figure. I really just want the leather seats...)
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't think so. Why would you want to turn it off?
Almost all the functions are controlled on the screen so you almost always need to use the screen.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Yes you can turn the screen off but not all the way. On my 12 there was a dsp (display) button. Press it once the screen turns "off" black but kind of backlit like if you had a black screen saver on a computer. Tap it again and it would go off completely.

Go to settings and tap display and you can turn it off but the screen still looks backlit at night. Hopes this helps.

It resets every time you turn the car off just like the driver modes.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Yes, you can. If you go into the settings you can essentially set it to "sleep" when not in use. It stays black while you drive, then you tap on it and it comes to life again.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yes, you can. If you go into the settings you can essentially set it to "sleep" when not in use. It stays black while you drive, then you tap on it and it comes to life again.
Are you guys sure the 16' sync 3 has this option? mine does not have it.

Sponsored

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
I test drove a 2016 PP this afternoon. One thing I could not figure out while i was driving and the salesman didn't know was, can the center stack display screen be turned off? I was able to dim it but not turn it off. Id actually like it off most of the time, and not have to turn it off every time i get in and start.
Are these scenarios possible with the premium? Its something simple but it may annoy the hell out of me if i can't turn it off (which I'd want most of the time... go figure. I really just want the leather seats...)
If you just want the leather seats, get a base and switch out the seats or have them re-covered.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
P. 89 of the Sync3 manual says:

Display Mode
You can select:
Auto - The screen automatically switches between day and
night modes based on the outside light level.

Day - The screen displays with a light background to enhance
daytime viewing.

Night - The screen displays with a darker background to make
nighttime viewing easier.

Off - The screen goes black and does not display anything.
To switch the screen back on, simply tap the screen.

OP
OP

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
great, thanks. i found it on the online version of the manual as per your page info.
If you select any of these modes, does it stay in that mode between starting/driving events or do you need to reset it each time?
ScreenHunter_1603 Dec. 30 22.44.jpg

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine is set to auto & it stays. Manual doesn't say one way or the other, but I would assume it retains the setting.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't think it does, I mean, it doesn't really toggle and then auto-re-disable, you can shut it off, but once it's back on, I think it stays on. I'll check when I go to get more coffee :D

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor