Sponsored

Can I siphon out gas thru the fill neck?

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Well finally got the GT fuel pump changed out. I got the nose up about 12" higher then the rear. Leaned towards passenger side too a little. Drilled a hole into the top of the pump as high as possible. The pump hat sits at a pretty heavy angle downward.

The gas level was exactly to the top of the drilled hole. I slipped the house into the hole and siponed out about 6 gal. I then had the level about 1" lower then the pump opening. So no gas mess and the car is running again.

20231111_111656.jpg
Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Well finally got the GT fuel pump changed out. I got the nose up about 12" higher then the rear. Leaned towards passenger side too a little. Drilled a hole into the top of the pump as high as possible. The pump hat sits at a pretty heavy angle downward.

The gas level was exactly to the top of the drilled hole. I slipped the house into the hole and siponed out about 6 gal. I then had the level about 1" lower then the pump opening. So no gas mess and the car is running again.

20231111_111656.jpg
Congrats.showed lots of determination.how long did it take. And no fires. YEAH

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
It probably took about 30 min. It really didn't siphon well as the heights were too much the same. I needed to keep pumping and I tried different hoses a couple times. No rushing around. I probably over thought the whole deal but it sure was nice to not really have any spilling issues at all.
Sponsored