Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you run w/m injection and e85 then the w/m is just for cooling iat’s. If you use it with pump 91 then just tune for 91 and let the w/m increase octane but don’t tune for it unless you run a backup (redundant) pump. W/m can work just like e85 plus cooler iat’s and you can get fuel anywhere. E85 with w/m is going to be the best but most expensive because e85 goes fast and the cost of w/m on top is going to increase the price of each gallon burned. W/m is going to keep your engine super clean as a side effect. When it comes time to smog test it you will E.O.number for the supercharger so I hope it was a complete carb legal kit. If you have that then all you need is a tune with all the monitors working which is probably going to be the one that came with the supercharger kit. As for the w/m during a smog it is not illegal to have w/m equipped in your car just like nitrous but it is illegal to activate it on the street so just turn it off during the smog test. Do not run straight water during the smog test. The smog test is not done under boost so you will not need it. Also your car did not leave the factory as flex fuel so you will have to have straight gas in the tank during the smog test or you will fail. I run e85 and have w/m equipped for whenever I need it. When I installed the w/m there was no e85 available. Because I recommend w/m for the cleaning if it did nothing else but it does so just make sure you know what you are getting into and it is a good upgrade
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Crazy enough after digging, I discovered that one chevron location in a 60 mile radius has e85 and that one station is about 12 miles away from me so perfect. 6 months ago, that wasn't the case when I searched.
also if you decide to go E-85 Go to that pump and test the fuel over a period of time. That way you won't run into a problem with fuel quality. what @Jackson1320 should be a good guide for you.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
also if you decide to go E-85 Go to that pump and test the fuel over a period of time. That way you won't run into a problem with fuel quality. what @Jackson1320 should be a good guide for you.
Good catch I forgot that. Make sure your e85 is good enough for your tune. It’s a pain in the butt sometimes but not as much as a new engine is

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
If you run w/m injection and e85 then the w/m is just for cooling iat’s. If you use it with pump 91 then just tune for 91 and let the w/m increase octane but don’t tune for it unless you run a backup (redundant) pump. W/m can work just like e85 plus cooler iat’s and you can get fuel anywhere. E85 with w/m is going to be the best but most expensive because e85 goes fast and the cost of w/m on top is going to increase the price of each gallon burned. W/m is going to keep your engine super clean as a side effect. When it comes time to smog test it you will E.O.number for the supercharger so I hope it was a complete carb legal kit. If you have that then all you need is a tune with all the monitors working which is probably going to be the one that came with the supercharger kit. As for the w/m during a smog it is not illegal to have w/m equipped in your car just like nitrous but it is illegal to activate it on the street so just turn it off during the smog test. Do not run straight water during the smog test. The smog test is not done under boost so you will not need it. Also your car did not leave the factory as flex fuel so you will have to have straight gas in the tank during the smog test or you will fail. I run e85 and have w/m equipped for whenever I need it. When I installed the w/m there was no e85 available. Because I recommend w/m for the cleaning if it did nothing else but it does so just make sure you know what you are getting into and it is a good upgrade
Very good points, thanks. Seems everyone is on the same page that it is a bad idea to tune for it in case of meth pump failure and I am not going to do that, I certainly don't want to be buying a new engine anytime soon. My SC is already tuned for 91 by the shop that installed it.

Right now, I'm just trying to decide between AEM and Snow Boost Cooler. Aquamist is looking like it's out of my price range and it'll take forever for it to arrive.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Just purchased the rev x test kit on ebay. It's a chevron station so I'm hoping it's reliable but better to check than to assume. Engines are not cheap lol. Great point.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just purchased the rev x test kit on ebay. It's a chevron station so I'm hoping it's reliable but better to check than to assume. Engines are not cheap lol. Great point.
Anything <= e54 is gonna be pretty useful stuff. Also you should only need a basic meth kit. Not a progressive one, or even a dual nozzle. Just one with a good pump and properly sized nozzle.

If you were using it for fuel I would say go progressive and/or direct port.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Anything <= e54 is gonna be pretty useful stuff. Also you should only need a basic meth kit. Not a progressive one, or even a dual nozzle. Just one with a good pump and properly sized nozzle.

If you were using it for fuel I would say go progressive and/or direct port.
I just purchased the Snow Performance Stage 2.5 Boost Cooler one with braided lines on ebay. SNO-2132-BRD. Someone had it like $73 below MSRP everywhere so that was good.

Now I'm excited to get all my parts. Already got a bunch of other parts in another cooling thread. These will probably be the last mods I do on this car.

I see people running 67mm twin throttle buddies to replace Roush twin 60mm throttle bodies. I was going to do that but then I was thinking....that's a lot of money for small gains

Last edited:

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just purchased the Snow Performance Stage 2.5 Boost Cooler one with braided lines on ebay. SNO-2132-BRD. Someone had it like $73 below MSRP everywhere so that was good.

Now I'm excited to get all my parts. Already got a bunch of other parts in another cooking thread. These will probably be the last mods I do on this car.

I see people running 67mm twin throttle buddies to replace Roush twin 60mm throttle bodies. I was going to do that but then I was thinking....that's a lot of money for small gains
LTHs will get you more gains but again lots of cashish getting spent

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
LTHs will get you more gains but again lots of cashish getting spent
Yeah unfortunately for me I cannot use those. California air resource nutjobs
don't allow it

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Canceled my Meth injection order. Spoke with my installer and we both agreed switching permanently to E85 is just better. Instead, I'll be using that money for the VMP Triple pass H/E

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You need a new tuner. If it’s between e85 or w/m the w/m will give you a lot more benefits than the e85. If you’re tuner set up the tune properly it would add timing when you run w/m and make the same max h.p the e85 will give you more power down low but top end the same. W/m can get fuel anywhere. E85 you will get about 16-18mpg if you baby it. E85 is going to gum up injectors if you run it all the time. W/m will keep your engine clean as it was new. W/m can be used for octane and iat cooling. E85 takes alot more fuel so it is harder on your fuel system. W/m adds more fuel with octane allowing you to make more power on your stock fuel system.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
What are all your mods and what are you planning next?
So far my car has:
Roush Phase 2 SC
Ford Performance Track Handling Package
Ford Performance Active Style Exhaust System
GForce Renegade Half Shafts rated for 1500hp I believe
Boundary OPG/CS
Project6gr Wheels, 11 in back 10.5 in front. I run 315/35/20 in back and 285/35/20 in front
Reische T-stat 170 degree

Parts to be added this coming October, install has been scheduled for late October:
MFP Phenolic Spacers 6mm
Dewitt HP Series Aluminum Radiator
Ford Performance Gen 2 Water Pump
Mishimoto Transmission Cooler
Bosch ev14 1000cc injectors
VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

The tuner didn't recommend I not install the meth kit, that was from my convo with the installer but close to that time when install comes around, I may still push ahead with it. During the install of the Roush Phase 2, my boost was set at 10 psi since I run 91. I believe I have the 80mm pulley from Roush.

If I can put down 700 to 715 whp with 91 and Meth, or 710 to 715 whp with e85, I'll be happy. But I don't know if I am pushing the stock engine at that level too much. The car hasn't been dyno'd yet since install. I had some misfire issues. But that is the goal. I want to hit the drag strip at least once a month and have fun racing the car.

The limiting factor right now would be the engine. The remaining funds I have, I'm saving it in case engine breaks and I need to put a new built short block. But yeah my goal is to build a very capable car for the drag strip. If I can run mid or high 10s, that's the goal.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So far my car has:
Roush Phase 2 SC
Ford Performance Track Handling Package
Ford Performance Active Style Exhaust System
GForce Renegade Half Shafts rated for 1500hp I believe
Boundary OPG/CS
Project6gr Wheels, 11 in back 10.5 in front. I run 315/35/20 in back and 285/35/20 in front
Reische T-stat 170 degree

Parts to be added this coming October, install has been scheduled for late October:
MFP Phenolic Spacers 6mm
Dewitt HP Series Aluminum Radiator
Ford Performance Gen 2 Water Pump
Mishimoto Transmission Cooler
Bosch ev14 1000cc injectors
VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger

The tuner didn't recommend I not install the meth kit, that was from my convo with the installer but close to that time when install comes around, I may still push ahead with it. During the install of the Roush Phase 2, my boost was set at 10 psi since I run 91. I believe I have the 80mm pulley from Roush.

If I can put down 700 to 715 whp with 91 and Meth, or 710 to 715 whp with e85, I'll be happy. But I don't know if I am pushing the stock engine at that level too much. The car hasn't been dyno'd yet since install. I had some misfire issues. But that is the goal. I want to hit the drag strip at least once a month and have fun racing the car.

The limiting factor right now would be the engine. The remaining funds I have, I'm saving it in case engine breaks and I need to put a new built short block. But yeah my goal is to build a very capable car for the drag strip. If I can run mid or high 10s, that's the goal.
You can make the same power on 91 and w/m as e85. You are going to need more fuel system very soon. Ether by modifying yours or doing a complete system. Problem is it is illegal in California so you have to make it look stock.
on a good tune you are mostly safe until you break 800 wheel at least.
mid you want those parts installed now let me know.

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
You can make the same power on 91 and w/m as e85. You are going to need more fuel system very soon. Ether by modifying yours or doing a complete system. Problem is it is illegal in California so you have to make it look stock.
on a good tune you are mostly safe until you break 800 wheel at least.
mid you want those parts installed now let me know.
I was thinking of a surge tank type setup with pumps that also helps avoid fuel starvation

https://juggernautpower.com/product...ro-f90000274-e85?_pos=20&_sid=686de2c3a&_ss=r

Something like this I imagine would work if it uses stock lines or are you thinking of something else?

I have to smog my car here in Cali in like 2 years max I think so passing visual is certainly important. You think that would work?
Sponsored