Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
Can't even compare to F150. That's a whole different story of various reasons.
What I'm saying is if one vehicle can lose close to HALF a ton! Then it's not that big a deal for the Mustang. Believe me I am well informed about ford vehicles I've been studying them for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Car and Driver lost my membership of 12 years for filler nonsense like this. This is a render, just like for the 2010 model.
Remember, this isn't the first time Car and Driver has tried to pass off a Photoshop as the real thing.

Yeah, 2010 Mustang "revealed," huh? :thumbdown:

Thank you! I've been looking for this, as it reminded me of this 2006 photo and another one I can't find.
13_584290.jpg

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
What I'm saying is if one vehicle can lose close to HALF a ton! Then it's not that big a deal for the Mustang. Believe me I am well informed about ford vehicles I've been studying them for decades.
Its a lot bigger deal for Mustang to lose a whole bunch of weight vs. the F150. The F-series is Ford's most profitable vehicle. That makes a world of a difference.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
Its a lot bigger deal for Mustang to lose a whole bunch of weight vs. the F150. The F-series is Ford's most profitable vehicle. That makes a world of a difference.
I don't see it. The fact is that Ford is great at making vehicles lose weight weathers their popular or not. It's about the numbers. If Ford can make the F-150 lose half a ton, then it's not too hard for a Mustang.

Sponsored

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
It's really a money issue, losing weight cost money as crazy as that sounds. It's kind of one of those things if it cost them a lot to drop the weight then they will have to sell them for more, and will they sell as many?? I'm sure Ford calculates all of that. When you have something like an f-150 that weighs a lot, it is a lot easier to take weight out. I don't see them going crazy with weight loss, maybe 200 at the most.

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
One big giveaway that shows this is likely fake are the lines on the car. They are way off and unaesthetic.

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
It's really a money issue, losing weight cost money as crazy as that sounds. It's kind of one of those things if it cost them a lot to drop the weight then they will have to sell them for more, and will they sell as many?? I'm sure Ford calculates all of that. When you have something like an f-150 that weighs a lot, it is a lot easier to take weight out. I don't see them going crazy with weight loss, maybe 200 at the most.
I understand all that. It's not surprising because that's basic finance. The principal is that Ford is cutting weight all over the place and it's not surprising to me to hear that Ford even wanted to invest that philosophy into the Mustang.

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
Another problem with getting weight off of the mustang versus the f-150 is the fact that they're likely (hopefully) using higher quality interior components and adding the IRS. I really think that any of the rumored weight losses will be with the i4 model, rather than the GT as everyone seems to assume.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
I understand all that. It's not surprising because that's basic finance. The principal is that Ford is cutting weight all over the place and it's not surprising to me to hear that Ford even wanted to invest that philosophy into the Mustang.

I'm sure they will definitely cut a little, and probably can cut more than what they will end up doing. 400lbs though isn't happening though, not saying it can't be done, but Ford isn't doing it.

Sponsored

SaviorFaithful

Threads
Reaction score
I'm sure they will definitely cut a little, and probably can cut more than what they will end up doing. 400lbs though isn't happening though, not saying it can't be done, but Ford isn't doing it.
I Agree with you, and I know it's kind of a shocking stat but I believe that Ford can do it because ice driven the current generation Mustang several times and you can tell that it does not have a managed weight. There is a lot of stuff that can be cut out, moved around and changed for lighter materials like aluminum for the exterior (like the next-generation F-150) but we will have to wait and see when it's debuted n December. (Merry Christmas)

stangray11

Wow Car and Driver, just wow. Shameful. :tsk:

If you're going to put a huge render on your front cover and call it a LEAK, at least make it look like the spy photos.

I cant wait to see the other pics inside the issue.

mister.peabodyjunior

Threads
Reaction score
I Agree with you, and I know it's kind of a shocking stat but I believe that Ford can do it because ice driven the current generation Mustang several times and you can tell that it does not have a managed weight. There is a lot of stuff that can be cut out, moved around and changed for lighter materials like aluminum for the exterior (like the next-generation F-150) but we will have to wait and see when it's debuted n December. (Merry Christmas)

I think you are missing the point. Weight loss can be had on any vehicle, thats not a question. The amount of weight loss varies. The F150 is roughly 1000 pounds heavier than a mustang. When steel is traded for aluminum, weight loss happens by a percentage. Long story short, the F150 is going to lose more weight over all than a mustang through the use of aluminum. This is brutally simple.

With weight loss, comes more expensive materials such as boron, aluminum, etc. This higher cost will, without a doubt, get passed down to MSRP, plain and simple. Everything is a balance. Weight is not the only important aspect. If it was, the mustang would turn into a bare bones muscle car with no options, loud interior, and dull. Frankly, this is far from desirable.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Don’t forget significant weight loss produces corresponding Fuel Reduction & enhanced performance and handling benefits / gains, and Ford would undoubtedly have a strong focus on setting and achieving targets in these areas – especially with an eye on Australian and European sales.
Sponsored