Sponsored

Buying 2016, Should I Go EB Prem or GT Prem?

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
wish ford gave the option of a v6 premium, i probably would have gotten that and added a turbo kit to it later on.
Sponsored

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
So when is your GT350 being delivered?
If the GT350 was my dream car then I would definitely have not bought my GT.

Hell my GT was never my dream car. My current dream car is a Subaru STI, but FIRST they have to take out that ancient engine lol.

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
I know you want a feature rich car, but the V6 feels SO much better than the EB driving around town. I was set on the Ecoboost until I just happened to see a Deep Impact Blue V6 M/T sitting on the lot. I even test drove two different EB's' to make sure. The V6 feels way more torquey, and is a lot smoother on/off the power. There was definitely turbo lag (with manual trans) on the EB, regardless of what Ford claims. 051a package gets you LED fog lights, power driver seat, and 18" "foundry" wheels, which remind me a lot of the Bullitt wheels. If you're not planning to tune the EB (and void your warranty), then I would test drive a V6. Add Roush exhaust + X-pipe, and your ears will thank you too.

The above combined with the fact that direct injected engines have been known to develop carbon fouled valves by the 50k mark. This causing a misfire, and requiring cylinder head replacement (Ford procedures), or in the case of a BMW, removal and "walnut shell blasting". Then there's the frequency of blown EB motors I've been reading about in these forums. Supposedly something as simple as full throttle in too high a gear can damage pistons. Rather be safe and go with the V6, which has been known reliable since 2011. Anyway, just my 2c.
+1 - Exact reasons why I didnt get EB.

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
If speed isn't your thing get the EB. The v8 is priced way higher to take advantage of everyone wanting the top of the line package. At 303(?) HP the ecoboost is still really powerful. The v8 can be uncomfortable to drive in traffic sometimes bc it has too much power. So if you don't plan on actually tracking the car the eb is probably plenty of enough power

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Short version is I park next to a slightly narrow spot every day, cheating towards that spot. Plus there is slant from right to left, so I am preventing run-away door ding. On the day of this photo I was well over the line, and into the narrow spot (that no one uses ever).

This asshat decided to deem himself the Parking Police and send me a message. I chatted nicely with Security for an hour, explaining my point of view (and trying to understand the other driver's). Meanwhile, he dispatched his colleague to the parking lot so they could look up which employee this was. Said I could even ask the real police to tow his car because he left me no access to my own! (I'm sure that would have left me with a keyed paint scratch.) Within that hour, the other driver left.

Full version (i.e. with other members comments) is in a parking thread somewhere.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
He/she tried to make a point that I was parking like an a** by parking like one too. There were plenty of empty spots. I keep it within the lines now, but I still crowd that right line to dissuade anyone from parking to my right. Then I have the gravity assisted door myself. And usually no one parks to my left.

There were plenty of opinions in that older long thread about parking issues. Geez, unless maybe it was this thread but last fall, lol.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
if you park normal in that spot, its a matter of time before a junker tries to squeeze in that small space to the right. This is one of the problems with driving a nice car. I was tempted to buy a junker. Better if people are afraid of my car than vice versa. :lol:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Work parking. :mad:
O man....I hope they got a flat tire on the way home. That was a shitty thing to do! I get if you was parking up front/close to entrance and was parked like that but if you was out a ways then they were just being a jerk!

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
I was 16 years old when i first bought my mustang. It was a 2005 v6 (used).
Last year (24 years old) I bought my second mustang 2015 gtpp and now I'm 25, and married. I'm going to be closing on my home in two weeks. I don't regret buying my first mustang at all. It taught me in order to want something you have to work for it! you should start with an ecoboost!

OP
OP

Cole2999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colby
Vehicle(s)
'08 Scion tC
[MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION] You know, the solution is quite simple. If no one parks on the right side of that spot, why not back in? Free reign over your driver door, and no one but a motorcyclist can be an asshat.

Also, what I would've done (maybe not if I had a Mustang) is just edge the back end of my car out enough that they can't pull out. They can't key your car, or you have reasonable evidence, and they can't leave, because they're stupid.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION] You know, the solution is quite simple. If no one parks on the right side of that spot, why not back in? Free reign over your driver door, and no one but a motorcyclist can be an asshat.

Also, what I would've done (maybe not if I had a Mustang) is just edge the back end of my car out enough that they can't pull out. They can't key your car, or you have reasonable evidence, and they can't leave, because they're stupid.
[OP, sorry for the continued threadjack. I just thought my photo would support the outside apartment parking comments.]

[MENTION=22563]Cole2999[/MENTION] , I crowd the right line to make more space on my left, since I assume no one will park to my right (and so far that has worked).

And I received plenty of forum comments, such as leaving that picnic table on the guy's hood, glue in his lock, etc. I did not want to start a confrontation, bc I felt my car stood more to lose. So I sent the photo to security, and they pretty much took my side. I did not have to leave during the day, and the issue worked itself out within a couple hours. He made his point, I absorbed his point, and things have been normal since.

As for backing in, I do that every other day - to spread out the UV exposure.
:crazy:
Sponsored