Build Week 8/10 - 2016

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
Anyone else out there with the same build week. I have a EDD of 8/24. Seven weeks and counting. I think time is slowing down as each week is going by. Misery loves company. :ford:
Sponsored

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
When did you place your order? I placed mine on 6/17. Still no word from COTUS. Life is at a crawl waiting for it!

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Fordservice says my build date is around 8/3 with delivery 8/21, but still not showing by VIN in cotus.

With my commute and having filled up on gas today I think I only have to fill up my '01 one more time. Maybe twice (got a roadtrip coming). That'll be nice. Mileage won't go up but power will double. :D

OP
OP

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
When did you place your order? I placed mine on 6/17. Still no word from COTUS. Life is at a crawl waiting for it!
I signed the paperwork on 5/29 and I think it got ordered officially the following week. My dealer ordered a stock on and a retail one. I only have a VIN and EDD for the stock order and it is not showing up in COTUS yet. I also have a link to my window sticker which will be available roughly a week before the build. Deysha at Ford Service has been great on keeping me up to speed on the status of my order. Pretty impressed that Ford Service is monitoring the forums and helping people out.

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
Placed my order on 6/9. Build date 8/10. Estimated arrival 9/1. VIN came 2 weeks after order placement. Deysha helped me with details, along with sending the link for window sticker, which will available week prior to build.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've contacted her twice. Nothing yet for me, other than its in the order bank.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
Were these ordered as stock or retail?

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Were these ordered as stock or retail?
They were ordered as stock. No retail orders have VINs or are being scheduled yet.

bwilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang Premium GT
Ha, I knew that. Dammit :frusty:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I signed the paperwork on 5/29 and I think it got ordered officially the following week. My dealer ordered a stock on and a retail one. I only have a VIN and EDD for the stock order and it is not showing up in COTUS yet. I also have a link to my window sticker which will be available roughly a week before the build. Deysha at Ford Service has been great on keeping me up to speed on the status of my order. Pretty impressed that Ford Service is monitoring the forums and helping people out.
Placed my order on 6/9. Build date 8/10. Estimated arrival 9/1. VIN came 2 weeks after order placement. Deysha helped me with details, along with sending the link for window sticker, which will available week prior to build.
Thank you for the kind words, guys!! :D I'm here to help where I can. :thumbsup:

Deysha

Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Fordservice says my build date is around 8/3 with delivery 8/21, but still not showing by VIN in cotus.

With my commute and having filled up on gas today I think I only have to fill up my '01 one more time. Maybe twice (got a roadtrip coming). That'll be nice. Mileage won't go up but power will double. :D
I want to throw a word of caution on your dates. They are only estimates. Job 1 is 3 August, the first few blends will go through a heavy QC process to make sure everything is working well. Job last is the 27th or when the last 2015 is built (yeah, it can slip if something happens to slow the line) Almost everything is the same, but quality still has to be checked before OKTB and retail orders start. The other snafu can be the shipper, which Ford does not control directly. Some are great and a few, well they may take 2 weeks or more once Ford gives them the car to get it delivered.

Your sticker is available on the day your blend is loaded at FRAP(sent from scheduling to the factory), this is typically the Thursday afternoon or Friday before your production week. You can get your blend production date about a week out. build/to/day or the production date can't be set until the pieces to build your car are on site and received(verified). This is done to prevent production line stoppage, because your wheel, seat style or whatever did not show up, was damaged in transit or failed QC...it happens sometimes

I'm putting this out there because some folks will get mad and blame Ford or who ever is closest because their car did not arrive on the date they thought. It happens with every model and model year.

Ford wants to get you a Mustang faster than a GT-350R-C on race day. But they don't want you to get something crappy either. Patience is the word! MC

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to throw a word of caution on your dates. They are only estimates. Job 1 is 3 August, the first few blends will go through a heavy QC process to make sure everything is working well. Job last is the 27th or when the last 2015 is built (yeah, it can slip if something happens to slow the line) Almost everything is the same, but quality still has to be checked before OKTB and retail orders start. The other snafu can be the shipper, which Ford does not control directly. Some are great and a few, well they may take 2 weeks or more once Ford gives them the car to get it delivered.

Your sticker is available on the day your blend is loaded at FRAP(sent from scheduling to the factory), this is typically the Thursday afternoon or Friday before your production week. You can get your blend production date about a week out. build/to/day or the production date can't be set until the pieces to build your car are on site and received(verified). This is done to prevent production line stoppage, because your wheel, seat style or whatever did not show up, was damaged in transit or failed QC...it happens sometimes

I'm putting this out there because some folks will get mad and blame Ford or who ever is closest because their car did not arrive on the date they thought. It happens with every model and model year.

Ford wants to get you a Mustang faster than a GT-350R-C on race day. But they don't want you to get something crappy either. Patience is the word! MC
Thanks for the great advice! It is definitely hard to wait. I'm desperately hoping mine gets here before all the nice driving weather is gone! I was certainly hoping and assuming I would get my car in September, but if I don't I won't be surprised now. Thanks. If it wasn't for sync 3 I would have owned this car for 2 months already!

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP

Dave, would you care to estimate when the OKTB will be issued? I won't hold you to it!