Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I need to get a handle on fighting all these tiny bug poop spots.

The good - My car is 6 months old and still looks like new. I have quite a bit of clear film for protection at speed, but I have yet to wax my car.

The bad - I think that bugs must like the color yellow. All sorts of flying bugs like to land on my car.

The ugly - They leave little dots of evidence behind. I have been checking my car in the morning, at lunch, and in the evening. I am trying to clean off the spots as I find them, but they harden so quickly! I have tried Tarminator, 409, CG RU wash, and quick detailer. They are all equally ineffective. Only scratching them off with my fingernail works.

Sunday I spent one hour washing my car, and another 3 hours cleaning off hundreds of bug spots. I suppose I could cover my car at work, and confirm everyone's suspicion that I am fanatical about my car. I have spent plenty on the appearance of my car so far, but now I am considering Modesta if it will help the spots release easily.

Please help with your suggestions.
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
In my opinion, you should always cover any exposed paint-clear coat with a sealant followed by a high quality wax as soon as possible when you take delivery of a new car. Bug juice/bodies can be highly acidic and etch into the paint.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
For bug spots or sticky leftbehind crap from a dealers sticker put a dab of baby oil on surface and give it time to penetrate. Minutes later wipe away the spots as you wash car.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Which brand of paint protection film do you have?
Xpel (see sig line). But they stick equally hard to the clear film as to the rest of the body.

Sponsored

walkertxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT
Same thing happens to me all the time with bug spots, the other day i just washed it and it didn't even touch them. I was cleaning the glass with invisible glass cleaner and it came right off, same on the body. Might not get all of them off but makes it a lot easier to get most of it off.

walkertxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT
I was cleaning bird poop off and happened to wipe off those bug spots as well. I have no idea if there are any negatives to IG on paint, maybe someone knows. Little late for me, lol

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Invisible glass won't provide much lubrication for safe paint cleaning. Wash it and clay the car to get rid of the crap. Follow that up with a good sealant or wax so it will be easier to maintain going forward.

I have had a ton of really bright cars so I have had the same problem in the past.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, it is looking like I need to take the next step in DIY body care. What sealant should I buy?
[MENTION=23421]walkertxr[/MENTION], you really need to get a good Norris picture up as your avatar. Git on it!

Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would recommend Mequiar's Ultimate Liquid wax. You can get it anywhere, it is pretty well priced, fool proof to apply, and lasts easily lasts 5-6 months in our neck of the woods. It is actually a sealant, but named as a wax to avoid confusing normal non-enthusiast customers.

Reactions: GTP

khrome13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco Prem PP, 2015 F150 5.0, 93 Foxbody 5.0
I use meguiar's ultimate also for wax ... but for in between waxes I use Honda Spray for polishing and cleaning bugs and bird poo and such and it works great and can be used on any surface on the exterior. I carry a can in a tote in the trunk for those just in case moments. Also have a friend that worked at a car dealer and recently told me about Showroom Shine which is a liquid spray that is awesome to polish with in between washes.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Yeah, it is looking like I need to take the next step in DIY body care. What sealant should I buy?
[MENTION=23421]walkertxr[/MENTION], you really need to get a good Norris picture up as your avatar. Git on it!
Get some Adams H2O sealant - easy on, easy off and does a great job. :headbang:

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I need to get a handle on fighting all these tiny bug poop spots.

The good - My car is 6 months old and still looks like new. I have quite a bit of clear film for protection at speed, but I have yet to wax my car.

The bad - I think that bugs must like the color yellow. All sorts of flying bugs like to land on my car.

The ugly - They leave little dots of evidence behind. I have been checking my car in the morning, at lunch, and in the evening. I am trying to clean off the spots as I find them, but they harden so quickly! I have tried Tarminator, 409, CG RU wash, and quick detailer. They are all equally ineffective. Only scratching them off with my fingernail works.

Sunday I spent one hour washing my car, and another 3 hours cleaning off hundreds of bug spots. I suppose I could cover my car at work, and confirm everyone's suspicion that I am fanatical about my car. I have spent plenty on the appearance of my car so far, but now I am considering Modesta if it will help the spots release easily.

Please help with your suggestions.
Bingo!!!...... Bugs love yellow! They are attracted to it like flies to sh@& !! Ever seen yellow cars at car shows?? Always covered in bugs !! Paint your car another color!! :D