Sponsored

Broken stock half shaft.. enlighten me on the GT350 shafts?

waltgodisney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
It finally happened… dropped the clutch, tires hooked, and heard a loud pop. I’m NA with a tune, headers and catback only and I’m thinking of going with the GT350 half shafts because of their price. Does anyone have any experience with the power and abuse they can handle??? Let just say I abuse my car… a lot. No drag or track days. Just lots of abuse with launching and dropping the clutch hard and distance driving.

231F0126-D34E-4BBF-8065-68CB8C572B8B.jpeg

80756395-E0E7-4712-B442-1FF5CDD9B101.jpeg
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good question there. I haven’t found any data on how well the GT350 shafts hold up to hard launches. I was going to ask if you were having any wheel hop issues, but I can see in the pics that you have so e of the major rear suspension mods, so I’m guessing you’ve got that part covered. how many hard launches (and at what rpm) did you have on the car before the shaft let go? Are you on drag radials or bias ply tires?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I've been running them for about two years, and I'm very happy with them. I definitely do not abuse my car, though.

JR

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My understanding is the GT350 shafts are only beefier on ONE side, other side is same as the GT.

If you want better shafts you should find the Ford Performance shafts. Depending on your year you may be able to use the Ford Racing shafts if you can find a place with them in stock. They are the exact same as the FPP shafts but usually 1/2 the price. If I recall the difference, is they don't work on Magneride cars while the FRPP shafts work on both magneride or non-magneride.

OP
OP
waltgodisney

waltgodisney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good question there. I haven’t found any data on how well the GT350 shafts hold up to hard launches. I was going to ask if you were having any wheel hop issues, but I can see in the pics that you have so e of the major rear suspension mods, so I’m guessing you’ve got that part covered. how many hard launches (and at what rpm) did you have on the car before the shaft let go? Are you on drag radials or bias ply tires?
Summer tires! I have the firehawk Indy 500s on. I usually launch at 3,300 using the trackapp launch control. Zero wheel hop unless it gets real cold here where I’m at. And well… I got the car at 23,000 miles and have 95,000 now and never once changed the halfshafts. I’ll be NA for the next couple years and just need something to last until then. I think the 800 DSS are a little over kill currently….

Sponsored

OP
OP
waltgodisney

waltgodisney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My understanding is the GT350 shafts are only beefier on ONE side, other side is same as the GT.

If you want better shafts you should find the Ford Performance shafts. Depending on your year you may be able to use the Ford Racing shafts if you can find a place with them in stock. They are the exact same as the FPP shafts but usually 1/2 the price. If I recall the difference, is they don't work on Magneride cars while the FRPP shafts work on both magneride or non-magneride.
And that side that’s beefier is the one that just broke 😂